Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing around with some ideas for a realistic cannon blast for my Pirate Cannons.
Tried a small roman candle strategically placed inside the barrel.
Love the effect, but unfortunately there's no way this is ToT'er safe/friendly.

Cannon Blast.png

·
Registered
574 Posts
You can build a reservoir for fog in the base of the cannon or at the back section of barrel, and have an electric gate valve open to let the fog out. A flood light positioned in the cannon barrel would light the fog as it blasts out of the barrel. You'll need a pretty strong fog machine to pressurize your storage reservoir, or an even stronger one with a remote trigger if you don't use a reservoir.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I dont have any vid, but for my cannons I used compressed air, fog, lights and a 12" 450w subwoofer.

Basically, the fog machine would just run every few minutes to refill the pipes / reservoir for the cannons, the compressed air would open via a sprinkler valve while the light flashed and the sub fired off the boom. this would cause the cannon to create a smoke ring/blast lit by the light and shake the ground with the sub.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions.
I have a larger cannon with a fog machine and flashing light.
I'm just looking for a dramatic effect for my smaller cannons and though this looked awesome.
It's just too dangerous with ToT'er running around the yard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts