Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow haunters,,,In just under 3 weeks time our fav month of the year will be upon us again...What candy are you planning on buying this year for the Trick r Treaters and have you got a set budget for candy or do you just Spend! Spend! Spend!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I already started buying and havent eaten too much of it. I buy for our front desk at work, my party and TOTs. Usually spend $80 to $100.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Costco sells full sized bars by the box
If you have a Costco business center in your state you can get all the candy bars
I buy the multi chocolates in the bag at Walmart 150ct - 250 CT snacks size or mini favorites

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,643 Posts
Fun sized Kit Kats; started buying a few bags already since we normally get close to 600 TOT's. I watch for the "2 bags for $5" sales.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
We buy those over 100 count variety fun sized bags. Usually about 6. Each TOTer gets a handful.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am rarely ever home on Halloween but we've always bought full sized candy bars or a case of soda to leave at the door for TOTers.

I live in a condo community and we get maybe 30 or so kids. I expected more, I grew up near apartment complexes and that was where you got the most bang for you're buck as little TOTer myself.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have started buying our Candy for the trick r treaters...Just a few more things to get yet then thats us all sorted...I normally spend around £50-£70 on candy.:)

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I give out mostly novelty items. This year it's rock-em-sock-em light-up skull pens! But I will probably pick up a box of candy at Costco along with a box of assorted chips. I like to also add a few grab-bags with King Sized candy bars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm going with the usual.....Reese's PB cups and Twix (my personal faves). Last year I was able to take a trip to Canada in the fall and found fun-size Cadbury scream eggs (ie - mini versions of the Easter one but the inside was green/white vs looking like a yolk) and brought a case back with me. I couldnt find them in the US but that was a hit for the kids!! If I can I would love to go up north and get some more!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I give out a mix of fun size chocolates, sour candies, and little plastic toys like skull rings etc. I just try to buy a couple of small bags each pay day about two months before Halloween so I'm not real sure how much money I spend. :confused: Maybe 50 bucks or so. We are in a new spot so I'm not sure how many TOTs we will get but there are lots of young families in the area so I hope quite a few.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts