Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Candy Corn: when you see it in the fall your mind says yes, its the season, I have to get some some candy corn. First taste sooo good your taste buds come alive. Second piece yum, you start to remember the Halloweens of past. Third piece you think how they ever come up with this treat. Fourth taste your mind says I had enough. Fifth taste your sick of candy corn. Sixth taste you vomit.

·
Registered
770 Posts
oooh just my topic lol.
Well as a danish person and more or less halloween virgin ( unless you count the the "first-base" watching dvd's last year while eating pumpkin soup) i must say i LOVE
candycorn. My wonderfull Secret reaper Nhh, send me amongst other things a huge bag of them. I was going to save them for my guests, but i was really curious how they tasted.. so i had one..or a few.. erhm.. And it kinda got outta control lol. Basically i finished of the whole bag in less than 3 days LOL. But maybe in a few years i will have the same experience as you :p

-if you dont want ure candy corn, send them my way!! :p lol.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the world of halloween. my brother lives in japan so i have to send him supplies for halloween the kids thier love it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like Autumn or Indian Corn. It tastes a little different and that is what I usually get. Had to search for it this year. But I love Candy Corn too, doesn't make me sick. And it only comes once a year. The candy corn goes out this weekend for the holiday.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't eat sugar anymore--have not for years, but when the candy corn comes out--I have to make an exception--somehow it just is not Halloween without candy corn. So I buy a bag and eat a few and then throw out the rest--have to make sure I really put it in the trash where it won't be just sitting on top and I might be tempted to rescue it. It was my favorite thing to get at candy counters when I was little--the kind where they weigh out the candy--my Mom used to give me a dime and I would get a dime's worth--yup I am old. Kressege's dime store candy counter....anyone else remember this

·
Registered
909 Posts
I KNEW Hallows Eva would be here. Hehehe. :D

I have tried some of the gourmet flavors lately and only a few of them were good to me. Most had an odd aftertaste.

Kressege's Dime Store. OMG, a blast from my past too. My mom's first job was with them.... Dime Stores were the best.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I KNEW Hallows Eva would be here. Hehehe. :D

I have tried some of the gourmet flavors lately and only a few of them were good to me. Most had an odd aftertaste.

Kressege's Dime Store. OMG, a blast from my past too. My mom's first job was with them.... Dime Stores were the best.
and i KNOW you think i started this topic hahaha

·
Seer of All
2,937 Posts
I love candy corn! I can't eat a lot of it at a time though. I like it best when mixed with a salty snack like peanuts or popcorn. I have to have a bowl of it out all through October because it just looks so festive!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,397 Posts
So I buy a bag and eat a few and then throw out the rest
The Candy Corn Gods will get you for this travesty!!:mad::D

There's gotta be some candy corn deprived kids somewhere that you could donate it to, or maybe some poor office worker looking for a sugar rush.

I love candy corn, Indian corn & the little pumpkins. Glad I'm going to the grocery store tonite to stock up on such things!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hated candy corn when I was a kid. Love it now, although only Brach's taste good.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Yep, gotta be Brachs. We mix a bag of regular candy corn and a bag of indian corn together in the bowl. Sometimes dark chocolate m&ms work their way in there as well... It wouldn't be Halloween without it. And funny, after Halloween we finish up the bowl and I have no desire for any more.

·
Harbinger of Autumn
1,820 Posts
Agree on the Brach's. Best thing is the leftover candy corn post Halloween that you get for like .25 to .50 cents a bag and I just go nuts!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Candy Corn: when you see it in the fall your mind says yes, its the season, I have to get some some candy corn. First taste sooo good your taste buds come alive. Second piece yum, you start to remember the Halloweens of past. Third piece you think how they ever come up with this treat. Fourth taste your mind says I had enough. Fifth taste your sick of candy corn. Sixth taste you vomit.
Ha ha, I love this. And it's true, all of it.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I like Autumn or Indian Corn. It tastes a little different and that is what I usually get. Had to search for it this year. But I love Candy Corn too, doesn't make me sick. And it only comes once a year. The candy corn goes out this weekend for the holiday.
Mellocremes, yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Yep, gotta be Brachs. We mix a bag of regular candy corn and a bag of indian corn together in the bowl. Sometimes dark chocolate m&ms work their way in there as well... It wouldn't be Halloween without it. And funny, after Halloween we finish up the bowl and I have no desire for any more.
Brach's all the way... (nodding)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts