Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heheh...

_ _ _

The worst thing about Halloween is, of course, candy corn. It's unbelievable to me. Candy corn is the only candy in the history of America that's never been advertised. And there's a reason. All of the candy corn that was ever made was made in 1911. And so, since nobody eats that stuff, every year there's a ton of it left over. And the candy corn company sends the guys to the villages and they collect out of the dumpsters all the candy corn we've thrown away. They wash it!! They wash it!

I'll never forget the first time my mother gave me candy corn. She said, "Here - Lewis, this is candy corn. It's corn that tastes like candy". [high pitched sound] This tastes like crap! And every year since then, Halloween has returned and I, like an Alzhiemer's patient, find myself in the room, and the room has a big table in it, and on the table is a bowl of candy corn. And I look at it as if I've never seen it before. "Candy corn", I think. "Corn that tastes like candy. I can't wait". Son of a bitch!!

-- comedian Lewis Black, from The Daily Show

·
Registered
903 Posts
So is frightmaster and yet I am oh so LOVED. I love candy corn too. Maybe it feeds the evilness. I guess something has to fill the hole where my conscience used to be.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Personally, I rather enjoy Candy corn. Just not in extremly large quantities in one sitting. Acctually I'm like that with most candy... I need healthy food. But anyway, each person has his or her own opinion... more candy corn for me and frightmaster, i guess.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Candy corn or snickers??????? Thats a tough call.
I personal like twix you cant beat a 2 for 1 with candy bars! I guess kit kats would work also but they arent as long or as thick as a regular candy bar but they are a 4 for 1 .
A side note mounds and almond joys don't count as a 2 for 1 because they are so small but oh so good.
Well NOW I gotta run to the store and grab some snickers,almond joys, kit kats, twix, and if they have it.....CANDY CORN!!!!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
CANDY CORN all the way. For all those who chose the Snickers or inserted thier own, I will take your candy corns too. And people wonder why I do not sleep. I am on a candy corn high.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Candy Corn. 90% sugar, 10% food coloring. Whats not to like?

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,328 Posts
Odd that this should come up. Just yesterday my daughter Valerie and I were at ACE to pick up some Fire Extinguishers for a job I'm just finishing. At the Check=out Counter (where else?) Valerie spied bags of Candy Corn. I said, "You sure Baby? It's ALL sugar." She's 6 years old. Needless to say, we got a bag. Half a mile away from ACE, she couldn't stand the sight of it anymore, we stopped and gave the rest to some kids going home from School.
Candy Corn - Tooth Decay City.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts