Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your special blend? My famous recipe is basic but effective. It's hard not to have a container sitting around with this filled (although it empties quickly) all October or earlier.

Candy Corn Autumn Mix (Brach's)
M & M Peanuts
Honey Roasted Nuts (the fresher the better)

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Paul your mixture looks great! I dont eat sugar or candy, but I use to years ago and I loved candy corn. I will eat peanuts though.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,850 Posts
I also like Indian corn. Wait, is it still called that? Anyhoo, you know what I mean, the one with the chocolate top instead of the yellow top.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

I sneak a piece every now & then but don't tend to mix mine up with anything, although probably everybody here would like it if I did. We eat a lot of old-fashioned, on the stove popcorn, so maybe I'll add some candy corn, popcorn & Reeses pieces or M&M's this year. That probably won't last long though!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're right, my favorite is Brach's. I have a little pumpkin shaped dispenser filled with candy corn sitting on the bar in the den. Every time I get a piece out, my dog gets excited and wants one lol. I cant touch that dispenser without him hearing it. I'll post a pic of it.

I'm with you on that one, RCIAG. ;) More bang for the mouthful!

Typically for the month I'll buy fresh honey roasted peanuts and start keeping a bowl of the mix around the kitchen. Satisfies any sweets cravings for sure.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
My favorite way is to make a good salty chex party mix with corn and rice chex, pretzels and salted peanuts and then stir in a good amount of candy corn and mellow creme pumpkins. Nothing looks or tastes more like October to me!

·
Registered
717 Posts
I LOVE candy corn but LOVE those pumpkins more. I don't need anything mixed with them, I take them straight no chaser!!:D
My dad hides these from me because we both LOVE them. I always find his stash, lol. Don't worry though, I always end up buying like 3 more packs for the both of us. They never last that long :D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,850 Posts
As much as I love candy corn, I gotta tell ya that the Candy Corn M&Ms are an abomination. They taste nothing like candy corn & should be purged from the earth in a fire.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Candy Corn is one of those things that I will never buy but if someone has some, I'll take a few and then want more and more and more.... (which is why I don't buy it!) Brachs is the best and the pumpkins are my fav ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts