Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I do, we have a plastic treasure chest that holds all the candy. It goes on a table between Dh and I .. So we can hand out from both siides. I put zip ties through the back and the candy side is propped openand pointed towards us. Since we hand out full sized chocolate/skittles/starbursts to anyone about 16 and under, I sort my candy bars into a wine box, with the corrugated cubbies inside. Then on the outside is laughy taffy and fun dips, which normally go to older kids and adults. We get a lot of people, that way I know who's getting what at a glance. I keep an overflow box of candy inside the door for refills. My dirty little secret is I always buy a 60 count box of granola bars just in case. ;) I've never had to use it, I've always have had enough candy .. But I'd hate to have to shut down or turn away if somehow the crowd is larger that expected. The granola bars then get used in lunches, with out having massive over kill of candy hanging around.

What's your guys system?

Attachments

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I have only one choice, full size snickers. Everybody gets the same and you don't have to wait for someone to make a decision. There's enough going on on Halloween that I don't see a need to complicate this process.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make it so much easier! I actually looked at just the big boxes of snickers, Hershey, ect. But I could get a better price of their assortment boxes at costco. I guess because they were marketed for halloween.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
We sit in the driveway with a large orange tub between us. Every kid gets two pieces of candy, give or take. It's not an exact count like when I did treat bags but it works well enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts