Halloween Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would think dispensing candy from that high up would not be advantageous or quick. Like the look though. Too bad you couldn’t send candy out through your mail slot down the pipe.
It worked fine given that I'm a tall guy and only used spare materials that I had on hand. Sparce turnout of only 50 kids last year instead of the typical 1,400+. Hoping this year is somewhat back to normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Last year we had as many or more ToT'ers than usual, and had to give away our stash of candy we saved for ourselves. The candy chute was a big hit with everyone, ToTers and adults. It was not great, just battery lights at the end of a black carpet roll tube. But having candy come out of a chute gave them all a smile. This year it gets better lighting and decoration. For us I think it has become a new tradition.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will be. it worked really well for me - I blocked off the steps with a big tv playing the atmosfx singing pumpkins and just sat on the stoop all night. i get so many trick or treaters there's really no point in going back inside in between.

I just used a piece of plastic gutter zip tied to my railing. and it worked well and amused the kids.

Picture of shoot setup with one-way path

Halloween night

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just trying to stay safe and be considerate of others, so definitely will be using the "candy chute" again this year. I created a shrine/grotto with a plate for the treats to fall onto. This is the only photo I have, but the bottom has a gap for chilled fog to escape. I used concrete footing tubes for the slide part. It matches the tombstones I've made over the years, everyone really enjoyed it.
Plant Grass Wall Road surface Groundcover

·
Registered
13 Posts
We'll be using our candy slide this year. The kids had a blast with it (both ours pushing candy down it & TOTers getting candy in their bag). Even if it's in my head, I like the extra safety feeling it adds. And plus I like my CANDY sign! LOL!

We posed a skelly at our end and and used a half-skull at the bottom where the candy came out.

View attachment 754210
Same here.. The kids thought it was super cool. I had decided last year to do it again regardless of the pandemic.. I mean... I already have the materials, so why not? I'll also add that it's been nice that I've been able to avoid catching colds too (knock on wood).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I made a spider web and bagged the candy then hung it from the web with clothes pins. Kids could pick their own baggy but there was no personal contact. Worked great. Planning to use it again.
Road surface Rectangle Asphalt Wood Gas

·
Registered
86 Posts
We used a miniature coffin to house our candy and handed it out using one of those inexpensive grabbers people like us use to pick up stuff. It worked out well. Many folks did a drive by viewing and at the end they rolled down their window and asked for however many bags they needed for the kids inside. I wore a mask that was covered by a skull mouth. The kids loved it. While I was putting up the decorations this year, one of the families that visited last year stopped by to look. A kid enthusiastically said, "Oh, this is the house where they handed out candy from the coffin with that fake arm." This year, it's not just about being safe, it's about giving the kids what they really enjoyed.

Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Recipe

I think that everyone who used their tube delivery system is probably enjoying the same benefit of having not only something that keeps kids safe, but really makes the night even more enjoyable than just grabbing candy from a bowl ever did.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts