Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not sure. I originally thought not but the people (children) trick or tearing are generally too young to be vaccinated. Parents might prefer some distance between me and the kiddos.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Totally up to you. We didn't last year. No parent voiced a concern about it. I'm sure some will use them again this year and it's totally fine if they want to, especially if they got creative with it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I am planning on getting back to normal this year. People who are still scared are probably going to stay home anyways.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
We'll be using our candy slide this year. The kids had a blast with it (both ours pushing candy down it & TOTers getting candy in their bag). Even if it's in my head, I like the extra safety feeling it adds. And plus I like my CANDY sign! LOL!

We posed a skelly at our end and and used a half-skull at the bottom where the candy came out.

Purple Entertainment Violet Electricity Automotive lighting

·
Registered
528 Posts
I built a board with clips for treat bags last year, which actually worked great. I’ll still probably use it this year and moving forward for when we are out truck or treating with the kids and someone can’t man the door.

Otherwise, I’m counting on people coming up to the porch with one of the props I’m settting up. They need to break two light beams to trigger both stages..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Oct 31st = scare neighbors who like candy lol
100 Posts
I'm on the fence about it, but will probably use it again just because the kids seemed to really like it last year. I don't know why, but having candy delivered to them via a decorated pvc pipe seemed to be a big hit.
I agree. The kids like it. And technically we still in a pandemic. Last year's candy chute was was like a 3 or 4" round black pvc pipe with orange tape around it to give it that Halloween candy cane look. This year we have an open chute see pic:
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Tints and shades Vehicle door

Instead of orange tape, this year we will paint it black and put battery powered purple lights on the side. Might hot glue a few of the left over skulls to it too.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
I’m facing this decision myself. Husband did not want to hand out candy last year and I agreed so we stayed dark and I felt bad about it, not figuring out other plans to make it work. There didn’t seem to be many kids out ToTing last year anyway in our area. This year he expressed the same and I get his point but I don’t want another year to go by and not decorate, and if I decorate then it’s expected to have kids looking for candy. Curious to see what others are doing this year. I saw some clever ideas last year from members. I’m leaning towards some sort of chute idea. Novel and some how as Oak Lane Cemetery said it has kid appeal. My theme revolves around aliens arriving for drive-in outer space movie, and if only I could beam the candy to them LOL.

·
Registered
Oct 31st = scare neighbors who like candy lol
100 Posts
I’m leaning towards some sort of chute idea. Novel and some how as Oak Lane Cemetery said it has kid appeal. My theme revolves around aliens arriving for drive-in outer space movie, and if only I could beam the candy to them LOL.
It would be cool you could have the candy chute coming out of a flying saucer lol

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
I like the idea of the bucket to catch the candy.

With our yard layout and potential halloween set up I’m trying to figure out how to make something like this work. Distance may make it undoable. Wish I could have a space ship beam the candy down to below!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Traditionally i set up same way in and out, assumption, you'll see different things on the way in then all the way out. Last year went with a one way loop and a chute.
Repeating the one way loop, BUT still not sure abut the chute.
Traditionally, kids get a choice from 4-5 full size bars and I love watching them decide, with the chute ALL got full size Hershey, not as much fun for me. But outside and moving and Jersey's current rates, feeling okay meeting a door.
But maybe masked? Depending on flow of TOTers.
Jerseyscare

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am planning on getting back to normal this year. No Chute. It was sad last year, most of the little kids didn't understand how to use the chute.

Happy "Normal" Haunting!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We're doing the candy side again as it was fun and most kids really enjoyed it. Once the little ones figured it out, they loved watching the candy slide down (ours was an open slide) because it was more like a game. So many little ones get confused or scared coming door to door constantly. It was so much better I think this might be a permanent change for us.

I will add the bucket at the bottom as a few kids would move theirs too soon so candy would land on the ground.

We set up chairs on our driveway and it was a great time. Honestly, the way our neighborhood pulled together to have a safe Halloween for everyone made it almost the best one ever.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
I gave up on the shoot idea. Just logistically couldn’t see working for our layout. Too many factors like length, width, angle and material to make work. Ordered two of these alien masks (pretty similar to the HD alien prop guys from last year I’ll be using, and we might dress up as some of the aliens that have invaded the drive-in and hand out candy masked that way. Not 100% sure that’s the plan but at least it’s a possibility that might fly with the husband and keep with the theme.
Face Nose Hair Head Eye

1 - 20 of 29 Posts