Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The thing under the bed
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a search came up blank I figured I would ask. Does anyone have a good idea on how make a cool looking candy bag out of the paper lunch sacks. I would like to hand the kiddies a candy bag with goodies inside this year. Any ideas would be great. I would like it to be simple enough to have my children make them so that they get to help create things. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Martha Stewart has some good ideas for treat bags in this months Halloween issue.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Hallow and here's another idea:

You can use food service gloves that can be turned into zombie or witch hands. Put a piece of candy corn in the end of each finger for the nail - then fill with popcorn and twist at the wrist with a ribbon or yarn and a spooky sticker or cut out. You can tint the popcorn green with food coloring too. The gloves are sold in boxes with 500 - so they are really cheap bags. Experiment too with fillings.
BOO!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Martha Stewart last year had a witch's broom, I think it was double bagged, the outside bag being sliced in long strips to look like the brush part of the broom. A small branch shpved inside and tie the bag around it tight...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you've already made them, seeing as this thread is a year old, but if anyone else wanted any ideas last year I bought plain white 'goodie bags' and splattered a little red paint on them to look like blood. Kinda Dexter looking. People seemed to like them a lot, and they're extremely easy, although fairly messy. Then I just put candy and goodies in them and stapled 'em shut!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts