Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these skellies from the dollar tree a couple of days ago.

I made this yesterday and have started making a couple of different things with them. It looks really nice lit up in the dark.

I bought 20 and will probably buy 20 more. You can do so much with these things and for a dollar.

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
I really love what you've done with them. I'm assuming these are the larger skellies from Dollar Tree? Like maybe a foot or foot and a half size? And to think that I passed them up so far in favor of the skeleton garland. Great use of the "L-bracket" too.

While places like DOLLAR TREE and BIG LOTS! may not have the greatest props, this and other posts like it go to show that you can get creative with this kind of stuff and turn out really terrific props from it for very little money.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody.

This really is a very quick and easy prop and did I mention CHEAP. The most time consuming part is the glue stick candle wax.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow! I would have passed up those skeletons as too cheesy... I guess I lack your vision. You made great use of cheap finds! A true recession haunter.

·
Registered
210 Posts
These are really eerie! What a fantastic addition to any Haunt and at an unbeatable price! ANOTHER awesome idea to add to my list of "someday" projects. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Great idea. Love the aged effects. I never think to use the smaller than normal skeletons for anything. I passed on these the other day in Dollar tree, waiting for something I could work with. Now I see all kinds of possiblities. Thanks for the inspiration.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts