Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these great metal gothic candleholder's from a garage sale a few years back. i nailed them in using roofing nails which is all I have. The larger of the 2 is coming off the board i have it nailed to, i guess the nails i used are too light for it. i tried to shore it up using more nails around it but it doesn't help. Short of using different nails can i fix it? I'm not that mechanically inclined. here's a pic:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have one of those I got at a garage sale this year. I was maybe going to use screws to hang it since its pretty heavy. If you have it in a board or wood that you can get behind, you can use screws and maybe a nut on the other side. The only thing I can think of with using the nails is if you can get behind it, you could attach another piece of wood to a section in the back so that your nails holding up the piece can have something to sink into. It looks good though.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Are you aware that the chains are supposed to be at the top or is this just how you prefer to hang it? I DO like it your way tho' now that I think about it and a skull hanging from the chains would be cool!
My friend has one and we nailed the chain(ring at center of chains) as well as the ends to the wall. Good luck :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, i had no idea i could hang it like that, maybe i need to rethink this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts