Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Candle.jpg Candle.jpg View attachment 94656 I forgot where I saw this idea online. I tried it and it came out better than expected. Super easy and cheap too. Wrapping paper tube, paper towel tubes and TP tubes. Hot glue (I was amazed that I only used about 3 sticks, flat black spray paint (just the cheap crap) and 3/$1 battery op tea lights from Dollar Tree. Pretty cool and no fire danger.

·
Registered
638 Posts
been working on mine today/yesterday, think I'm making good progress. It's good to see i'm not the only one working on these with only 12 days left before halloween!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
They look great! Luv the cluster look.
Did you spray yellow paint in the areas where the flames would 'reflect'? That's genious!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Oh GREAT!!! I was going to wait til next year to start mine but I guess it will be a late night tonight. Now I have to have some. These look great.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I like them too but I think since the candle body is black I would have sprayed the plastic covers of the tea lights too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would take those tea lights put masking tape around the flame and spray paint them black too! Otherwise that is friggin awesome!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I've used a glue gun for fake candle wax on a smaller candelabra I made. Looks almost exactly like real candle wax, and sort of drips like it too. Very easy to get the effect you're looking for.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just stuffed them with crumpled up newspaper. They are all glued together, then to a silver platter (dollar Tree).

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
View attachment 94655 View attachment 94655 View attachment 94656 I forgot where I saw this idea online. I tried it and it came out better than expected. Super easy and cheap too. Wrapping paper tube, paper towel tubes and TP tubes. Hot glue (I was amazed that I only used about 3 sticks, flat black spray paint (just the cheap crap) and 3/$1 battery op tea lights from Dollar Tree. Pretty cool and no fire danger.
WOW love them they look great and sounds like a very easy project.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Those look great! I really like the height, looks very dramatic. I made a candle cluster a couple years back using PVC and that very same DT platter. I rolled up some cardboard and stuffed it into the PVC pipe to have something for the tea light to rest on.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Geat job camsauce!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts