Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to hubby having a cyst that requires surgery, I had to cancel the 2nd of my haunt week ends, the first one I had pneumonia, so had to cancel. While I realize that health issues come first, I still am very depressed and devastated. This week is my big haunt. I don't get TOTers at my house, so go to the park to get my fix(I now have over 600 pieces of candy that I don't know where to go with!) I am really trying to not be upset, i am well aware he would rather feel better too,and I know he feels bad letting me down, and I have not let him see how bad I feel, but i figured you guys would know how I felt, so could vent here, I am actually very depressed, I can't do my whole haunt at home for several reasons, I will do something, but it won't be the same,,,sigh,,,,

·
CANNIBAL
2,597 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles bethene. It's always best to put your health first. Found that out myself this week. I thought I was getting sick and here I think it was complete exhaustion. Between working, doing normal household stuff and working on my Halloween stuff I just puttered out. Spent Sunday and yesterday sleeping. That was it...just sleeping. Today I feel much better and I can get back in there.

I know it's hard to cancel something you were so looking forward to but at least you are able to do something. Just try to hang in there! ((((((((Bethene))))))))) hugs for you!

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
oh Bethene, I am so sorry!! I know how upset you were over missing your first weekend. :(

Would it make you feel better to mail the 600 pieces of candy to me?

:D Can you imagine the shipping on THAT!!?? LOL

(trying to make you smile) :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is it possible to take your candy surplus and visit a childrens hospital? Think how those kids feel about missing TOT.

·
Registered
111 Posts
They have kids homes here in Austin (Orphanages- called Children's Homes)....

or I know that the Old folks homes (called Care Homes) would love a visit...me and my children go in costume and give out candy each year....my kids love it and they are older (16, 14 and 5 yrs old)...

the older people appreciate the visits.....We visit the care homes often.....

I hope you hubby has a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I hope you and hubby are better soon. Keep your spirits up and maybe go visit other haunts for kicks, grins and ideas. We are always so busy, we never get to just sit back and enjoy what others have to offer. Might br fun to be the one that gets booed and not have to do all the work! Feel better!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm so sorry.

But there are ways to make things better... have a monster movie marathon, popcorn & the works! There is a dvd "Halloween: the happy haunting of America" to view & enjoy other people's haunts. Halloween . . . The Happy Haunting of America Hopefully you both will be better to attend a haunted hayride or something.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, bethene. I can imagine how disappointed you must feel.
Do you have any friends nearby who get a lot of TOTs that you could spend Halloween night with?

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, I am just feeling sorry for my self, I do get a FEW TOTers, so hate to leave home and disappoint the few- last year we had a few more because of it being on a Friday, so hopefully again this year(we had 30 something) most years we get 15-20 at the most. I may let a friend who gets quite a few have my candy, plus give baggies of it out to the kids who do come, giving it to kids in a hospital is a cool idea, will look into it. I will make the best if what I have, just the first reaction was severe disapointment.Hubby thinks the better props would be vandelized or stolen , so will put out older tombstones, etc. and on halloween itself put a couple of the bigger props. I will play it by ear. thanks for listening to me, it does make me feel better!

·
Registered
153 Posts
How awful for you! I know how bifurcated you feel, being torn between sympathy and concern for your spouse and wanting your haunt done. I respect your hiding it from him, I'm a sulky one and have trouble with that; so I admire your strength and resolve.

With all that's in your head, you'll have the most organized and best haunt of all next year!

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
So sorry to hear of your troubles Bethene! Take care of yourself and your hubby, and do what feels good for Halloween.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Sounds like texasjanedoe has a wondreful idea. It would brighten your spirits and think of how it would make the elderly smile. Think about it, that could be us one of these days. I may do it myself. Sorry you feel so bad.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Beth, I'm so sorry. How dissapointed you must be.

I'm sending you and hubby get well wishes and lots of hopes that you can find something to really enjoy this Halloween.

·
Crawling in my skin
2,236 Posts
Awww I can imagine how dissappointed you are. You are right that health comes first and there is always next year. Vent all ya want it is not good to keep those feelings inside. Visiting the children or elderly is a great idea! Sending well wishes for you and hubby.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts