Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
I don't know about Ontario, but I know over here in the prairies a decent skeleton is hard come by. The new "Walmart skeletons" are great. They're just hard come by. Even the blow-moulded skeletons, affectionately dubbed blucky's, are becoming harder to find around here. The Walmart skeletons run about $60 in this part of the world. The blucky's are even starting to get up to $25-$30! Just have to keep an eye out around Halloween season for a good full size skeleton. And if its something you like grab 5 of them if you can. Every year I'm finding a place I need a skeleton and no skeleton to be found. Sitting in your car you could build one, which requires far more patience than I have, especially the spine and pelvis bones.
Best of luck fellow Canadian and welcome to the forum. Many great minds here that are willing to help ya with anything related :D

·
Crunchitize Me Cap'n
1,654 Posts
if you take a look at the Costco skeleton thread they will be coming back to Canadian Costco around the end of July.
Hello and thank you for the info and the welcome :) How are the prairies? Still in chaos??
Costco eh? Thanks for that heads up!

Yes, still lots of water and flooding to deal with. Thankfully we don't have flooding issues.

·
Rutherford Manor Haunt
2,065 Posts

·
the horror up North ...Eh
2,988 Posts
how close are you to the american border? Their stores like wallgreens and other places may have them ?? if you need one asap , canadian tire sometimes, target ,wallmart get them early as they show up otherwise they will be gone. Hearseowner are you a member of the Canadian haunters association ?

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,766 Posts
Around Ottawa the best bet is Costco for a pose and stay. I visit the one on Cyrville this time every year and buy for some of the Ottawa members who either don't have a membership or are a little out of the city. (Cornwall). I will keep an eye out for you. They normally sell in th $45.00 range. Two years ago they went extremely quickly 2-3 days...last year they sold very slowly and could be found for nearly a month.
The same pose and stay in a different box is available through Spirit and Halloween Alley but they usually price them at $100.00.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just picked 2 up at the Abbotsford Costco ( British Columbia ) 39.00. Still have quite a few left, wasn't many there shelf space wise.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi HearseOwner!

I am sure we met at the gas station at Wellington and Parkdale a few weeks ago. The hearse is fabulous!

As I mentioned, you are very welcome to park in my driveway on halloween night! I have a skelly or two to decorate the hearse :)

Skeletons are out right now at Costco, they cam in a few days ago in the Kanata store. They were $39.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Get out to Costco. I just picked up two pose and stay's at my local one for $35 a piece. Get 'em while they are hot I may get another one for the car

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Hearseowner, In Ottawa myself would love to see your hearse sometime!! Yes Costco is the best place for some skellies..unless you want the plastic blucky kind then head to waly mart or Spirit Halloween. Malabar (on merivale) or Audrey's costume mart (near St Laurent mall) has some cool looking latex skeletons but they are asking 100.00 fer them Happy Haunting!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Here in Winnipeg there are minimal Halloween props available until the first week of October (other than the cheap $1 store stuff). That's when the thrift stores put out the majority of their stuff. I don't shop a lot at Walmart, Target, Coscto and other department stores. I don't shop at those places very much. I find the stuff too new and cheap looking as well as too expensive. Spirit of Halloween is very expensive but I usually buy at least one hard to find item there every year. Unfortunately, they don't open until October, either. Shopping online means killer shipping fees. it's a challenge for any haunter. Luckily I have tons of props and costumes "in stock" but I would love to be able to shop earlier. It's always a mad rush in October.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Costco for sure! Their "Pose and Stay" skeletons are very good quality, and will generally stay put in whatever position you get them in (within reason, of course). Around $40.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts