Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a trip to Niagara Falls, Canada from Rochester New York. Its only an hour drive. I made to Walmart Canada and I was super shocked this is better than the US Walmart. I found two aisle of Halloween Decorations and Costumes. There were sooooo many props and lights, inflatables and animated Halloween. I bought inflatables. I saw tons of Halloween LED lights and window sculpture. They have Pumpkin solar lights stakes, animated lights and sounds. They had about 8 to 16 styles of Airblown inflatables. There were alot of costumes and mask and painting. I think I may go to Walmart Canada now from on for only seasonal like Halloween and Christmas only!! I am surely disappointing with US Walmart!!

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
My Walmart has 4 rows of props, 4 rows of costumes and more party stuff. It took awhile, but they finally got a lot of stuff out.

It depends on where you are... as discussed many times in this forum previously.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
We only have a regular Walmart at this time, but they do their best, they have about 4 isles and one large room for our Halloween stuff, but still I never find much there, I'm more a specialty store kinda gal, but other stores I find I have better luck with are. Love Halloween at Home Sense, SPencers, Pier I Imports, Michaels etc.

Glad to here you had good luck up North here:)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
We are going to be getting a Super Walmart plus several other Super things like a MegaTheatre and all that Jazz.

ChangedReality, don't feel so bad though sweetie, for every 50 stores or more that you guys have that carry tons of Halloween goodies we have one. Odd are probably more like 100 or more to 1 but I'm just given you an idea, so feel blessed :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
not all wallmart have alot of stuff in Canada , ben to 4 so far even went to one in Ottawa , we get no life size props here :( and we aleready have 2 rows of christmas stuff since last week there .

i am glad you had a nice trip :) did you go to other store or visit some haunted houses in niagara ?

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Take this for what it's worth... as noted before, I visit Walmart stores all over the place for work.

The stores with the best HW selection are in 'minority' areas. Stores in areas with high populations of African Americans and/or Hispanics seem to have more HW stuff. Maybe give that a shot wherever you are?

I can't explain or justify it, I just base it on what I have seen... but maybe this will help.

A few years ago I helped Spirit find a store location in our town... I recommended a north end (high traffic volume) location, but they were adamant about being on the south end (lots of empty storefronts, high crime). Apparently, their research shows that certain populations spend more of their disposable income on HW than others. Meaning, people in the "bad" part of town may not have as much to spend, but they spend more of what they have on Halloween.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think the Wal-Marts that might be not near anything might have more stuff because they figure hey, we are their only Halloween store (secluded areas). The thing to me though is that just because they don't have the stuff in the store, they should have Halloween lights online at least. They only have Spiders, strobes, and eye lights.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I live in Western New York, between Buffalo and Rochester and the WalMart Halloween this year is the worst that I can ever remember. It looks as if they dug the left-overs out of storage from last year. Two isles of just garbage. Big disappointment

·
Registered
800 Posts
My local Walmart is impressive as well (great Halloween selection) in terms of items but not prices lol..I have a Walmart superstore about 20 minutes from here and I believe they have got more stuff since my last visist a week or so ago..so I'll be visiting that location again..but in closing yes it seems the Canadian Walmarts are just fine in comparison to the US Walmarts overall..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts