Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read in a different post that someone was looking for oil to scent her fogger. Can you really do this safely without destroying the fogger or starting a fire hazard? They work on heat don't they seems to me you may have a problem with jets or a real problem when over heating oils??
Please let me know as I would like to add scent but have avoided to avoid a possible disaster or having to purchase a new fogger

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hey acutermints - the short answer is "YES" you can totally change the smell without wrecking your fog machine. I've been doing it for a few years and it's a big hit in the neighborhood.

I posted on this last year in fact: http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-props/145264-running-fog-machine-read-change-smell.html

Depending upon the scent type, the smelling agent can soften the rubber in the filter end of the silicone tube. Depends on what you use for the smell. I like to use glade air freshner - but be careful, a little goes A LONG WAY and this stuff can make everything smell that's downstream, so go sparingly. Have fun with it!

·
Registered
706 Posts
I too have used Glade air freshener (pumpkin spice) and have had no issue. I just make sure I clean out my fog machine very well when done. Yes, alittle bit goes a L O N G way.

Happy Haunting!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did this last year and it was a hit. Everybody thought we were baking pumpkin pies downwind. PS. Use the scents sparingly!

---

I too have used Glade air freshener (pumpkin spice) and have had no issue. I just make sure I clean out my fog machine very well when done. Yes, alittle bit goes a L O N G way.

Happy Haunting!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Careful using glade scents. I used air wick pumpkin spice with great success for our Christmas steam train display. When the pumpkin ran out I decided to get Glade instead and almost destroyed my fog machine. The Glade brand atleast the Candy Cane, and pine scents have too much oil base to them and clogged up the pump. Again I had great success with AirWick. If you can see the oil floating on top of your fog solution DO NOT run it through your machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts