Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking through back-pages of the Tutorial section to find all 3 parts of the shiatsu massager how-to, it dawned on me that there were 14 pages of how-to's. That's an aweful lot of pages for someone to go through to find a particular one, and I bet many have "fallen off the radar" since they are buried deep in the forum.

Would it be possible to make a sticky at the top with a list of links and alphabetized projects?

·
Master Crypt Keeper
2,735 Posts
The problem with that, in a forum format, each time somebody adds a tutorial, it would have to be manually updated. An out of date index is bad.

Make sure not to overlook the search function for finding what you are looking for. I do understand that sometimes we do not know what we want to find :D

I will certainly give some thought to something that could work for this including script additions etc. Input and suggestions always welcome.

For now, Authors of threads should hopefully post the tutorials all together or connect them via links.

Thanks.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
The biggest issue I've found is if the author decides to post seperate "Part 1, Part 2, Part 3,.... etc. posts for a single tutorial. I think it would be much better if they just posted them all together in a single topic (mutiple posts due to size limit of a single post). That way when you searched for a topic, you would have all the steps in one post vs having to try and find several posts to get the complete instructions.

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Adding a Prefix might be a good answer to helping de-clutter the tutorials area. Much like the Halloween Props section, the tutorial section could be cataegorized by certain prefixes.

This would at least help with some general organization. People could look in specific sections for painting/finishing, animatronic, papier mache, styrofoam, wood, monstermud, lighting, sound, interactive, pneumatic, etc. There are lots of prefixes that might work.

Maybe make it simple and just have four or five relatively general prefixes to choose from?

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
Don't organize it, it's like my work bench...I find what I need when I need it and often discover something new or forgotten during the search! Someone goes and organizes it and i'll be lost for a good long while! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts