Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a fog chiller this year and i only have a couple of busted up 750w foggers that are on their last legs. I was thinking about getting either a 1,200 or 1,700w fogger to fog my front yard and the rest of the neighborhood. I saw a few on ebay but i am not familiar with any of the brand names.

Can any of you suggest a good Fog Machine Brand?

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what else is out there that is good?

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
I use two 1200W continuous Lite F/X fog machines that are a couple years old. Although I can't recommend the Lite F/X brand (they can clog and I've already repaired one), this model puts out a lot of fog and works well for that one day out of the year. The 1200W model occassionally pops up on ebay.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the two that i have right now are Lite F/X and i am not interested in trying that brand again.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a Rosco 1000 and a 1600 fog machines. I got both off ebay at a really good price. The rosco was $45+shipping and the 1600 was $85+shipping. After using Rosco fog machines I will never use anything else. I found ebay can be great to get fog machines if you know what you are looking for.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks joseph315

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a VEI V-950. I' ve been using it for years. It's expensive, but it's a solid machine that will last for years and it puts out a ton of fog.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone ever hear of Meteor Foggers?

I found a cheap 1200w fogger on Ebay for a decent price but never heard of the brand.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about these Brands?

Martin
American DJ

·
Registered
653 Posts
Martin makes some good machines, but if you're going to spend that type of money for a fog machine you'd be better off going with something from Le Matire. Effects like foggers, haze machines and such is what Le Maitre does, they are the best at it world wide.

All of our foggers and hazers at work are Le Maitre machines. Spend a little more to buy them but they'll last forever and Le Maitre stands by their products...

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked out that Le Maitre place and all i can say is nice but super expensive!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
You can alway try the Gemmy brand of fog machines. I have always had good luck with them and they produce a thick fog that lingers in-between uses. Not to mention they are affordable.

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the tip

·
Registered
74 Posts
What did you decide to go with? I too am in the market for a fog machine but wanna make sure i get something that is going to be able to hold up for years to come! The only thing holding me back from purchasing one is that i do not know of a reputable brand, that is not ridiculously expensive

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
In all honesty i am still undecided. I keep watching Ebay for deals but more than likely i will just end up buying a chauvet. I have been kicking around the idea of dry ice but good luck finding it anywhere around here by me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts