Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at this right now

Clown Antics: Ben Nye Clown Makeup & Face Paints

I'm going for a scary clown, but I want it to be based off of the classic clown look. For the white base I see the "Ben Nye Clown White" makeup, but it says it's a Creme/Greasepaint and people have suggested that I lean more towards a cake base.

I was looking at the Clown Palette and it looks like it would be a good investment. But what I'm worried about is if I will have enough white makeup in that set, so I will probably need to buy a bigger white cake makeup kit.

I also see a Whiteface Kit which includes "0.5 ounce Creme Foundation Clown White Lite, 0.5 oz Clown Palette (Blk/Blu/Red/Ylw), White Eyeliner Pencil, 2 Latex Wedge Sponges, 3/8" Flat Brush, 3" 0.5 oz Quick Cleanse Makeup Remover."

I am fairly new to this kind of stuff. For years I would always just go through my cabinets for some old makeup that we had bought years ago from the "Halloween Adventure" store, but this year I wanted to put a little more into my costume.

·
Creepy Clown Is Redundant
642 Posts
I too play scary clown and the best thing is their makeup should not be perfect. Take the Joker from The Dark Knight. In this case messy makeup adds to the costume.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done that and I agree. But this year I wanted to go for a more classic take on it. Maybe add a sinister touch here and there, but I want to scariness to be subtle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
well some people find that if you do the classic clown look then turn it into looking like you just got done killing alot of kids it could work

·
Registered
2 Posts
that kit should definatly have enough white makeup just make sure its "non itch cream" look for anything that says that otherwise it will annoy you so much when you have it on also dont make it look perfect!!! i personally think clowns look more sinister when the makeup is messed up. Trust me i've played a clown roll for the past 3 years

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with the messed up makeup idea. I have played a clown for a couple of years and I've done the messed up makeup as well, but slight variations each year. But this year I'm looking to Pennywise the Dancing Clown from "It" as an inspiration, particularly the Televised Movie with Tim Curry as Pennywise. With his makeup he went very traditional and I want to try that for a change.

Also, to explain better, this topic is mostly about what makeup I should invest my money in. But I do appreciate the ideas, I really do, I don't want to sound rude :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts