Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used a can opener motor to run their props ? I'm looking to make a coffin puller and a grave digger plus some smaller props. Hubby believes a can opener motor would be better than a windshield motor, especially since it already has a plug. What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
That's one of the advantages of DIY, use what you got. If it has enough power and the speed suits the application it might work. The only other concern may be that it might not last long for continuous use, a can opener is only used for a few seconds at a time.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one of the advantages of DIY, use what you got. If it has enough power and the speed suits the application it might work. The only other concern may be that it might not last long for continuous use, a can opener is only used for a few seconds at a time.
Thank you. We never thought about the time usage. Where do you buy your motors ?

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,022 Posts
I don't think a can opener motor is going to have enough power to cycle the coffin puller. If it does, it's not made for continual use and would probably burn out pretty quick. Not to mention the noise. Every cat in the neighborhood would come running thinking it's dinner time every time it turned on. MIGHT work for a grave digger if the mechanism was balanced well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think a can opener motor is going to have enough power to cycle the coffin puller. If it does, it's not made for continual use and would probably burn out pretty quick. Not to mention the noise. Every cat in the neighborhood would come running thinking it's dinner time every time it turned on. MIGHT work for a grave digger if the mechanism was balanced well.
My hubby hates cats. I will warn him :D And its your coffin puller I'm hoping to emulate. You do some great stuff :D

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,782 Posts
There are lots of options out there for wiper motors, but we use nothing but Fright Props motors in our kits. We are 3-4 seasons in selling our animated prop kits and have never had a single DOA one. We have been through literally hundreds of them and have not had to replace any of them. I can definitely vouch for their consistent quality. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts