Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a used Gemmy Jason animatronic recently. I've always wanted one, and while it's not perfect (i.e. used), it's still really cool.

Here's a picture of him
IMG_8824-b.jpg

Now for a few years I had made my own Jason (based on Friday the 13th part 7), which I always liked as well.

Here's a picture of the other Jason
JV-Ver-3.0-2.jpg

So the question is, do you think I can use both? Do I retire the home made one? Sell him? Repurpose him?

Any suggestions?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Why can't you use both? I like your homemade version better than the mass produced version. Classic Jason looks sad but sketchy, Homemade Jason looks scary!

If you took that machete outta Classic Jason's hand he'd look like some sad emo verison of Jason. Homemade Jason without the machete is still pretty frickin' scary.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like the look of your homemade version better too. Could you reuse some of the costuming on the Gemmy animatronic? Then you'd end up with the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Didn't Jason wear a hood for a movie or two? Maybe you could have time travel Jason's from different era's going at it by placing a hood over one.

I have a store bought Jason and always thought that the face under the mask looks pretty scary, maybe have your home made one with the mask and the store bought one without it.

Find a broke full size mirror, knock out the mirror, put in clear glass, and maybe have one look like a reflection - till it moves

·
Registered
175 Posts
Didn't Jason wear a hood for a movie or two? Maybe you could have time travel Jason's from different era's going at it by placing a hood over one.

I have a store bought Jason and always thought that the face under the mask looks pretty scary, maybe have your home made one with the mask and the store bought one without it.

Find a broke full size mirror, knock out the mirror, put in clear glass, and maybe have one look like a reflection - till it moves
Love the idea of "time travel" Jason...excellent idea.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
Yep, that's a Sad Emo Jason. He's sad because he doesn't have a nose & needs braces. He looks a bit like Sloth from Goonies. Which isn't a bad thing really.

It's been so long since I've actually watched all those movies (even though they were marathoned to death yesterday) I can only remember a couple of actual Jason looks that don't involve the mask. Still like your homemade one better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts