Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older SVI fogger that is shot. It has a simple control switch that you can leave in the "on" position to avoid manually running the unit.

I just picked up a small 400W fogger (SVI) that comes with a key fob IR remote. While it's pretty cool, once the cycle is done you must manually start the fog again.

Both of these are 3-prong AC cords that plug into the back of the fogger. The new fogger's plug-in piece is a small remote antenna.

Both units run the same cycles: 42 - 45 seconds on, 60 seconds off.

Can I swap the IR remote for the switched one? I'd like to just leave it in the on position and not fool with it.

I need it for tomorrow night, but I'm not going to take a chance on hurting the new unit; I can "suffer" through manually pressing a remote---in my pocket---that has really good range (at least 50 ft so far).

I can't seem to find any good documentation for these foggers online. Yeah, it's consumer level stuff, but I need this maybe twice a year.

thanks all!

·
Registered
910 Posts
If you're talking about the area that the controller plugs into on the back of the fogger unit, the one that looks like a desktop computer power cord then, yes, they are (for the most part) interchangeable. I have 4 foggers (all different brands) and the controllers all work across the spectrum. Two are manually operated and two are controlled by timer units where i can set the frequency and the duration of the fog. I hope this helps you in some way and , GOOD Luck on your haunt on Saturday.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're talking about the area that the controller plugs into on the back of the fogger unit, the one that looks like a desktop computer power cord then, yes, they are (for the most part) interchangeable. I have 4 foggers (all different brands) and the controllers all work across the spectrum. Two are manually operated and two are controlled by timer units where i can set the frequency and the duration of the fog. I hope this helps you in some way and , GOOD Luck on your haunt on Saturday.......

Yeah that's it. I tried it. It worked just fine.

So, the next question is how to clean before storage.

I have found polarized postings: with and without fluid. Use cleaner. Don't use cleaner. Never clean. Etc.

Any help?

I accidentally let it run dry forgetting it was on that fixed switch. Couple of minutes. Filled and it ran fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts