Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a guy selling some halloween stuff.

for 2 fog machines with remotes and a half gallon of fog juice and a lifesize michael meyers manequin he wants $80...

deal? or no deal?

sorry, i'm new to buying props. i love this season and i usually buy just one or two things every year off the clearance racks. this year, i've got the halloween fever BAD. throwing a party sure does change how involved you get huh?

·
Registered
625 Posts
For used stuff, I wouldn't do it. You can go to Michael's, and get a fog machine for 40%, or 50%. They also have fog quarts for 40% off. If these things aren't on sale, they have coupons in the paper for them.

For Michael Myers, can't you just get a costume from a thrift store, and than buy a cheap mask at a place like Walgreen's. On this website, they were saying to make the body out of pvc pipe which isn't that expensive. It's your choice what to do.

·
Registered
697 Posts
?????????? whats the wattage of the foggers? the remotes and the prop make it a good deal,,check it out!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i've been going back and forth with the guy via email all night.

looks like i'm taking one fog machine, a 1/2 gallon of fog juice, and mike meyers. i still don't know much about the fog machine, but at $25 with juice as long as it works it should be fine for what i need it for.

it's the mike meyers that i'm excited about. $25 for him. he's a full size department store manequin that they dressed and put a mask on. that means i can change the clothes and masks every year as i see fit! yay!

picking it up tomorrow evening...i'll post pics when i get him home. then i've got the whole house and yard to decorate over the weekend. good thing i've got enthusiastic help!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would say it is a good price. My local Mervyns is going out of business and I bought two of their full size mannequins for 100 bux a piece. I justified it to my wife by saying it was half off since I can make them into Santa and Mrs Claus for Christmas. Two holidays out of one one purchase equals 50% off, right?

I made them into an Obama Wolfman and a Frankenstein McCain. I will post pics at some point.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just hope the guy gave you a fog machine that actually works, and won't break down in a year, or two.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
The cheap Chinese foggers you find at department and craft stores usually don't have timers, and are rarely over 400 watts. (I did see a store selling "mega" foggers, a whopping 700 watts.)

If the fogger is better than one of those Chinese toys, you got a good deal.

If the output seems weak, or spurts, run some white vinegar through it. Outside!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i picked up the goods. i don't know much about foggers, and i think i got took on the one i picked up. it's ok and will do the job, but i could've gotten a brand new one for what i payed for the used one...i think.

but mike meyers is FABULOUS!
this is what he was when i got him...

we decided to replace his thin replica jumpsuit with an actual mechanic's jumpsuit. when we got him naked, this is what we had...

that arm just wont do. or the shriveled up glove glued to the knife. we bulked up his arm with newspaper and duct tape, redressed him, and this is now...

he's soooo tall and creepy. i am 5'9" tall for reference. my bulldog is not happy about his arrival. i am still going to get him some new gloves but other than that he's all done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts