Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having a family day at work halloween party for kids and one of the themes is nightmare before Xmas. I will also be doing some pirates in a seperate area. They would like me go get some projection with video and audio of this is halloween song. Can I buy that somewhere? I plan on playing it on a portable DVD player running through a pico projector and seperate sound. I see they have it on youtube and wondered if anyone knows how I can acquire the song and video. Thanks. Sorry if this is a double post but I cannot find the one I thought I posted earlier.

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Yes, I believe it is available on Netflix and I am sure that if you google it, you can buy the DVD from somewhere like Amazon.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I believe it is available on Netflix and I am sure that if you google it, you can buy the DVD from somewhere like Amazon.
So I can buy just that song and video portion to it then? I won't need the whole movie. Gonna see if I can find it on amazon. Sorry if I was confusing. I'm just like that. Have a great way of doing that.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Go to Frostwire.com and download the Frostwire software. Then do a search for the song. That'll let you download the video from youtube. Then you can burn that to a DVD. It won't be as good a quality as a DVD but if all you need is the opening to loop that's the easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go to Frostwire.com and download the Frostwire software. Then do a search for the song. That'll let you download the video from youtube. Then you can burn that to a DVD. It won't be as good a quality as a DVD but if all you need is the opening to loop that's the easiest way to do it.
That sounds great. Will give that a try. Thank you.

·
Disney Inspired
840 Posts
Sorry Danski, now that I reread your post I understand what you are looking to do! I like Bruzilla's idea....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
By the way... I love the song and the accompanying video, but after hearing it over and over again, it'll get old fast. Are you going to mix it in with other music or are you just going to play it once for the kids? If not I would look at making a video mix with other songs.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about using a few different clips. However after doing some research on the software you recommended there are some concerns about viruses. Do you use it? Any issues? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've been using Frostwire for years and haven't had any virus issues. Where there is a danger is if you use it to try to download stuff like bit torrents for movies or software. If you use it to download videos, which 99% of the time come from youtube, you don't have to worry about viruses.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been using Frostwire for years and haven't had any virus issues. Where there is a danger is if you use it to try to download stuff like bit torrents for movies or software. If you use it to download videos, which 99% of the time come from youtube, you don't have to worry about viruses.
Thank you for the re-assurance.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Danski, not quite sure what video or song you are looking for. If you want "This is Halloween" Royal Gardens has a singing pumpking video of this that would be great for a kid party. Of course it is "Singing Pumpkins" and not the movie video and you would need pumpking to project the video onto and a projector to show it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Danski, not quite sure what video or song you are looking for. If you want "This is Halloween" Royal Gardens has a singing pumpking video of this that would be great for a kid party. Of course it is "Singing Pumpkins" and not the movie video and you would need pumpking to project the video onto and a projector to show it.
Thank you, I saw that. I think the singing pumpkins will be doing a different song. Thank you for the heads up though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just one song on repeat would be a nightmare... Lol... If it's a nightmare before christmas theme, I would recommend using the nightmare before christmas revisited album and just projecting scenes from the movie or the whole movie on the projector. The revisited version uses mainstream artists so it's more upbeat and fit for a party than the original songs. It's great, they usually play at disneyland when you are waiting in line to meet jack skellington.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just one song on repeat would be a nightmare... Lol... If it's a nightmare before christmas theme, I would recommend using the nightmare before christmas revisited album and just projecting scenes from the movie or the whole movie on the projector. The revisited version uses mainstream artists so it's more upbeat and fit for a party than the original songs. It's great, they usually play at disneyland when you are waiting in line to meet jack skellington.
Thank you. I may just do that , and have them order that disc. Much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts