Halloween Forum banner

The sound has finally been found!

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  GMontag451 
#1 · (Edited)
I was finally able to get the specific sound effect I needed.Thanks!?

#3 ·
Do you have any idea where or what context you heard it before? Any videos or commercials or anything? We have several sound/music experts here but it would be lovely to have more to go on to help search.

#5 ·
May be original or they may have made their own mashup out of existing sound effects. I know my town's old amusement park's dark ride used sound effects recorded by the owner's sons and their friends. Miss that place!

So as I personally don't recognize the sound (not saying I would have, but I have heard LOTS of sound effects!) I'm going to throw out a few sites to check out, and hope that some of our more savvy and briliant sound engineer folks pop in and have the answer for you (it's scary how some of them can just tell you the obscure stuff instantly: "it was from a creepy sound album first printed in 1973, released on LABEL name and I have a copy of that in my collection!") :D

So my suggestions:

One of our resident experts - so much awesomeness, and he might even pass through on this site... but it's the slow season now. He's a moderator here tho, so it can be hoped. ;)

^lovely, amazing site that isn't updated but still exists - fortunately for all that search for the cool/unusual Halloween/Horror stuff

#20 ·
May be original or they may have made their own mashup out of existing sound effects. I know my town's old amusement park's dark ride used sound effects recorded by the owner's sons and their friends. Miss that place!

So as I personally don't recognize the sound (not saying I would have, but I have heard LOTS of sound effects!) I'm going to throw out a few sites to check out, and hope that some of our more savvy and briliant sound engineer folks pop in and have the answer for you (it's scary how some of them can just tell you the obscure stuff instantly: "it was from a creepy sound album first printed in 1973, released on LABEL name and I have a copy of that in my collection!") :D

So my suggestions:

One of our resident experts - so much awesomeness, and he might even pass through on this site... but it's the slow season now. He's a moderator.
that would be me. Lol. I have heard a lot of sound effects, but that is a new one on me. Not sure what the effect was they were trying to make...lol. I agree I think it is probably a sound bite someone at the park made themselves. Sorry I couldn't help you.

#10 ·
That definitely sounds like several distinct laughs/groans that have been spliced together to me.

I've not heard that particular sequence before, but the rapid-fire giggle/cackle seems familiar so I'll do some digging and hope someone else can help identify.

Reactions: TRC1
#15 ·
I tried Shazaming this sound effect. As expected, it didn't recognize it. My guess is it's a custom mix. Sorry I couldn't help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.