Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. I was hopeing someone could help me with ideas for an interactive game I'd like to create for the guests at my next Halloween party.

This is what I've come up with so far... I would love to make a dvd for my guests to sit down and watch that would tell a story starting with "It was a dark and stormy night..." (I have already used adobe after effects to turn a day time photo of my house into a night time video with thunder and lightning and rain, it looks great so far.) So in the video the lightning would flash and you'd see that the power in the house was knocked out. While all is dark, someone would be killed... you'd hear a scream... and then you'd hear someone say "It's Kellie! She's not breathing!!" At this point, I would like the video to instruct one of my guests to grab a flashlight to see what's wrong with her and my friend Kellie would be sitting on the sofa pretending to be dead.

Maybe I can turn it into a story where everyone is "killed" and has to act out a fake death one by one until only one person "the killer" remains... or a pair of killers working together... or maybe only 1 or 2 people are victoms and the rest have to put together information to figure out the story.

I would could write a script and record all of my guests head of time saying their lines (voice only, not video) and then edit it all together as part of the dvd so that no ones has to read anything during the party. I could get them to say their lines out of order and not give them the whole story so that during the party they are still surprised.

I think this would be a fun idea and my guests would really enjoy playing detectives to figure out who the "killer" was, but I need more ideas. If anyone has suggetions for a story line or actions I could have the guests do or ideas or tips or anything, it would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone heard of this kind of thing before? I tried looking online for ideas but so far I haven't really found anything quite like this.

Thanks! :)

·
Mistress of Mayhem
560 Posts
First, welcome to the board!! Good to have ya here. :)

This sounds like a really fun idea actually! A really elaborate take on the killer game that is discussed in another thread. In that game, everybody who arrives at the party takes a paper out of a bowl when they arrive. One paper has "Murderer" on it, and the rest have "Victim" and the way they will "die" (ie: laughing to death, dancing to death, etc.).

The "Murderer" is then supposed to go around and "kill" as many people as possible at the party by winking at them. Once a victim has been winked at, they must wait five minutes before actually performing their death. (And some have suggested having prizes for the best acted death, just to make sure everybody does act out their death for the fun of all party guests. lol) This five minutes gives the killer time to move away and not be caught, btw.

Everybody is then instructed not to discuss who they think the murderer might be, but they can make a guess by writing it down on a piece of paper with the time they make their guess, and put it into a new bowl. (Once you are dead, you cannot guess, obviously) The person who has the first correct guess wins the game, if nobody guesses right, the murderer wins.

However, if you are hoping for some predetermined outcome with a whole story already done and ready to go... Hmmm... I'm not exactly sure how those work. I've never done a mystery "who dun it" type of game before. Hopefully somebody else on here can help with ideas for that?

I'm not sure if that helps with what you are doing, but maybe it can start the creative ball rolling? :) We'd be happy to brain storm with ya!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
First off, welcome. Second, sounds like a cool idea. Mordessa, I've seen a variation of that game on www.frightbytes.com. They have other games besides that. Tgmhe Mizerly Man is the traditional story game where everyone sits in a circle in the dark and feels various, "body parts." They also have a divination game called Slipper Toss. Check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts