Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum, the father of a wonderful 4-year old who is obsessed with Halloween.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify the prop in the picture.

My son's favourite prop for the past couple of years has been part of a neighbour's Halloween setup. It consists of a witch holding a broom and placed "underground", typically covered by mulch. The witch is transparent and blinks when attached to an outdoor power source.

My son always asks me which store the witch came from, how long ago, etc., and I would love to be able to answer him. He would have wanted to buy one, but these look to be at least 6-7 years old and I've never found one on ebay, or at least never knew where the look. The neighbours don't recall where or when they bought it, but think that they had it when they lived in the Chicago area. My hunch is that it came from KMart/Sears just based on the style.

Any help would be appreciated !
Thank you!

witch_prop.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've owned this prop since at least 2006 I bought it at Walmart. Everyone always seems to enjoy her. She's a bit tricky to set up nothing very hard just a bit clumsy. A word of caution her plastic body does fade with time. My witches hair is pretty ratty, and faded. And her broom fades as well the puffy part

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much!
I can't believe we've missed it by only a couple of years - for some reason it seemed like a much older product.
At least I can tell my son with confidence that it is indeed older than he is, and set up an ebay watch on the odd chance that one will go on sale.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've seen a couple of these on Ebay recently under "Gemmy", since I believe they are the manufacturer. Hope you find one for your son.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts