Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Even though it isn't old, I found this haunted house in an antique store last weekend. After I get a base for it, I'd love to landscape it and spookify it up with halloween miniatures. I looked for identifying marks on it, but didn't see anything. The only thing I found was a small "made in China" sticker on the bottom of the house.

The little halloween figurines sitting inside it were included with it, but I'm not sure they were original to the house. In the back is a box that you can turn on and hear moaning and screaming.

Does anyone recognize it or know who the manufacturer might be? Also I'd love some suggestions if anyone has ever done a halloween dollhouse.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
It doesn't look like a specific line - probably just a no-name decoration. It's really nice, tho!

There was a discussion, with pics I believe in the last couple of months about doll houses....found it!

http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/78331-haunted-doll-house-wip.html

I wish there were more hours in the day, or that I didn't have to waste time at work (;)) so I could do all these great ideas!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link! There were some very cool houses in it.

I'd love to cut out some of the places where there are supposed to be windows. I can see some tattered curtains in it. I'm debating on trying to wire it and have lights in it. I'm a complete newbie at dollhouses though, so I need to do some research on wiring.

Registered
I have a terrific haunted doll house and would love to share the pics ... except, um, I'm so non tech I can't figure out how to do it. I could e-mail them to someone and they could post them. It's been in progress or 20 years and it gets raves from everyone.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Withered Witch, would you please e-mail the photos to me? I would love to see them. I can send you a message with my e-mail.

Halloweiner, I thought the little drawer was odd too. It'll make great storage though.

I know I won't get it all decorated on the inside by Halloween, so I'm planning to concentrate on doing some landscaping. I've gotten two dead black trees so far. I want to have a big yellow harvest moon behind one of the trees with the dead branches silhouetted against it. It would need to be between 4-6" wide. The only idea I could come up with is using a yellow paper lantern. I'm not sure how "moonlike" it would look though. Does anyone have any ideas for what I can use?

Registered
I have a terrific haunted doll house and would love to share the pics ... except, um, I'm so non tech I can't figure out how to do it. I could e-mail them to someone and they could post them. It's been in progress or 20 years and it gets raves from everyone.
Withered Witch....It is EXTREMELY easy to upload pics....Below is something I copied from another member on here....Take about 5-10 minutes to step through it and you'll be glad you did....I encourage everyone who doesn't know how to do this yet to give it a try....Thanks..ZR

Here are a couple of tutorials on adding photos and uploading them (from here, no less) for Kenpilot and anyone else interested:

HOW TO MAKE AN ALBUM & UPLOAD PHOTOS:

1) Once signed in, click 'USER/CP' (3rd choice at top, under orange line).
2) Under 'Your Control Panel', on the left side, find 'Networking'.
3) The 3rd choice under that will say 'Pictures & Albums'; click it.
4) Click 'Add Album'.
5) Fill in 'Title' and 'Description' areas, then hit 'Submit'.
6) Click 'Upload Pictures'.
7) Click 'Browse', then find your pictures; click on one.
8) Do this 3 times (how many you can do at a time), then click 'Upload Pictures'.
9) Click on the album title to get back to it, then repeat steps 7 & 8, doing this until you've added all your pics.

TO POST UPLOADED PICS:

1) Open 2 Internet browsers (this will make it much easier, trust me).
2) Sign into your Halloween Forum account in both browsers; one will be for retrieving pics, the other will be for posting them.
3) Click 'USER/CP' in one browser, then open one of your albums.
4) Click on a picture.
5) Under the pic, it'll say 'BB Code' (second choice under image); right-click that, then click 'Copy'.
6) In the other browser, hit 'Reply' or 'Add New Thread', or whatever you'd like to do.
7) Right-click where you want the pic to be, then hit 'Paste'.
8) Go back to your 'retrieval browser' and click the album's title to return to it again.
9) Repeat steps 4 & 5, come back to the 'regular' browser, then repeat step 7.
10) Follow steps 8 & 9 again until done.

I tried to make these as simple as I could. Hope they help

A Great Pumpkin
Since it has a drawer, could it be a jewlery cabinet? The depth of the shelves make me think maybe there should be box draweres there. Don't know, but it's a great find!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts