Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonder. because on monster guts they have the wiper motor which i want to use. also how should i wire it by geting a male plug thing and wire it then plug it in?

Thanks For All help!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use a wiper motor in my MIB. It rotates a cam that raises the lid of the MIB.

I power it with a computer power supply.

·
Registered
179 Posts
In your computer, there is a power supply. The plug from your wall outlet goes into the computer power supply. The computer power supply (PS) converts the AC power into DC power for things like your hard drives, floppy drives, motherboard, etc. They require DC power.

A wiper motor also requires DC power - it comes from your car battery. The PS produces an equivalent amount of power to run the wiper motor. You can find used power supplies at many computer stores or Ebay.

Here is a link to converting one into a useable power supply for Halloween or any other item that requires DC power and high amperage.

Converting a PC Power Supply

·
Registered
668 Posts
is there a super simple way to rig a wiper motor for a battery pack?

·
Registered
179 Posts
is there a super simple way to rig a wiper motor for a battery pack?
You can buy a wal wart that puts out up to 12 VDC and I would recommend at least 4 amps if you want to use it to raise the lid on a MIB. If you want to use it to stir a cauldron, for example, 1-2 amps would suffice. Regular battery packs just don't have the current (amperage) to drive a wiper motor.

You can find the walwarts here:

Electric Motors for Props - 12 Volt 5 Amp Power Supply - Halloween Prop Building Supplies For The Home Haunter - Monster Guts - You have the power!

or buy the motor and power supply together

Electric Motors for Props - Power Pack - Halloween Prop Building Supplies For The Home Haunter - Monster Guts

·
Registered
140 Posts
dean carries the power packs for the wiper moters alongwith the wire atachments that you need to with the wiper moter..i have bought several from monster guts (dean) and have had no trouble with any of them...as far as using a battery pack you might want to check with dean and see what can be used..he is great to do business with and is very helpfull....

·
Zombie Hunter
20,479 Posts
I use a wiper motor with a small battery charger.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i used a 12V 3amp Laptop charger i had laying around to power my wiper motor. the wiper motor is located in the coffin, and it lifts and slams the coffin door closed.

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
I use a wiper motor in my MIB with a 12 volt computer power supply. Has worked really well. The tricky part was getting it to reset to the bottom (closed position). A motion sensor triggers it and it start opening and closing when TOTs step onto the front step. When motion stops, there are a couple relays that keep the 12 volt current running to the wiper motor which is cut once the lid closes. That way the MIB is set for the next TOT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts