Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1000w chauvet fog machine and it lasted one season. Now it does not heat up. Can these be repaired??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow that sucks. I still have my 1000W fogmaster that I bought in 1999! and It works great every year
Only repairs Ive made were to replace the plastic tube in the fog juice chamber once and add a cpl screws to the casing.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
I bought a 1000w chauvet fog machine and it lasted one season. Now it does not heat up. Can these be repaired??
Yes, they can be repaired but it requires electrical knowledge to track down exactly what the problem is. You need to determine if the heating element, the fluid pump, the power switch and the power adapter are working or not. If they all work, then you need to look into things like fluid line blockage or nozzle clogging.

Anyway, since you say yours doesn't heat up, that likely means poor wiring attaching the heating element to the rest of the electrical system, or the heating element itself burned out. Most heating elements are a coil much like the filament in an incandescent light bulb, attached to a large heatsink that acts as the heat transfer mechanism for the vaporization process. I have repaired a few foggers using heating elements scavenged from yard sale clothing irons.

(secret! autodrip coffee machines and steamer capable clothing irons work pretty much exactly the same way as a Halloween fogger does!) So not only can these household contraptions supply parts to repair your foggers on the cheap, the same products sold to clean those household contraption are great at cleaning foggers, too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't forget the possibility of a blown fuse! I opened mine up today and discovered a tiny charred tube that needs replacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts