Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in Michigan it's quite common for campgrounds to have a Halloween event where all the campsites decorate and the Tot's go from site to site trick or treating. How many Michiganders here do that? Anyone here do that in Forrester park campground? We bought a cottage adjacent to Forrester park and this will be our first year doing a big display. Is this common in other states?

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sounds like so much fun! I've never heard of that before. I live in Colorado and there are tons of campgrounds, but most of them close shortly after Labor Day weekend. It just snows way too much in October to have an enjoyable camping trip! I'll have to look around this year to see if there are any campgrounds open that late in the season that decorate for Halloween though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should clarify that most of the campgrounds I know of that do this do it in late September, not actually on Halloween

·
Reaper Queen
8,819 Posts
I have done it for years at Hoffmaster state park, which is tremendously popular, if you don't have reservations six months in advance, you don't get a spot, that one is in the middle of October, and I also went to Holland state park, which isn't as big but was fun, that used to be the third weekend of October, but it was moved to the first of the month due to bad weather all the time.
After my husband had a stroke, we had to stop camping. I miss it tremendously. This will be the second Halloween I have missed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In VA several campgrounds do Halloween events throughout October. We went to a Yogibear camp last October and it was a blast. A lot of people get really into it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We have done it for a few years. Previously at hersheypark campground in PA till they said they weren't going to allow tot'ing one year. The campers did it anyway but that was our last year there. We've since taken up "residence" at Frontier Town near Ocean City MD. These guys are way more organized and they even open up a haunted trail in thier theme park for the campers. We've had to register a year in advance this time. We actually called back hoping to stay thru 2 weekends but they were booked for the other halloween weekends just a month after we made reservations.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
We go to Knoebels Amusement Park every year for a big fall festival event they do (in PA) and there's an attached campground where a ton of people do campsite haunts. What's neat is that when you are in the park, you can go on a mini train ride that takes you out & back through the woods and you can get views of many campsites through the trees. So not only do you see the Halloween decorations from the park, but you can see the decorations from other campsites too. The sites book up very quickly since the weekend we go is for a combined fall festival/roller coaster event where many people (like us) visit year after year.

It's neat to see the different ideas - seeing skeletons roasting hot dogs over a faux fire or all sitting around a picnic table with drinks in their hands! LOL!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's funny you mentioned the skeletons. I plan on having 2 of my skellies making smores over a fake fire. Will Definitely post pics!

We go to Knoebels Amusement Park year for a big fall festival event they do (in PA) and there's an attached campground where a ton of people do campsite haunts. What's neat is that when you are in the park, you can go on a mini train ride that takes you out & back through the woods and you can get views of many campsites through the trees. So not only do you see the Halloween decorations from the park, but you can see the decorations from other campsites too. The sites book up very quickly since the weekend we go is for a combined fall festival/roller coaster event where many people (like us) visit year after year.

It's neat to see the different ideas - seeing skeletons roasting hot dogs over a faux fire or all sitting around a picnic table with drinks in their hands! LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts