Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll be the first to admit, we live in troubled times but, this just beats all in my opinion. I was on patrol last night when dispatch gave me a 911 call in reference to someone leaving a gift wrapped bag of Halloween candy on her porch, ringing the doorbell and leaving. (sorry for the run-on sentence.) Dispatch said as an after thought that she felt threatened.. So I pull into the callers driveway and speak to the complainant. Sure enough she was holding a small bag of SEALED candy bars wrapped in a clear plastic wrap that had pumpkins on it. Also it had a card attached to it stating "You have been BOO'd, Happy Hollidays" I stared at the bag in her hand, then at her, then back at the bag, then back at her... Yes, I was thinking "Your kidding right?" Nope, she was serious... she was holding the bag like it was teeming with anthrax or something..

So.... I leave her house and cruise around til I find a group of kids walking with several large bags. I stop, hop out and speak with them. The bags were filled with more of those smaller baggies which of course was filled with that devil anthrax disguised as candy bars.... (insert sarcasm here.....) They smile and about 4 of them hand me bags of the candy without even asking why I had stopped them... I feel like a smuck by this point... I do know why folks hate cops.. Its times like this! :) I question them, they are from a church group and was leaving the candy as a sign of good will. Did I menton it is 45 degrees outside and sprinkling? Did I mention I'm a smuck? I bid the guys a fond farwell with my usual "Be careful, ok?" and return to my car.

Back to the wicked witch's house I drive.. I jump out of my cruiser and see the same lady, still holding the bag as if it would kill her at anytime. I however had already opened MY bag of candy and was shoving a candy bar into my mouth as I approached her. I smacked my lips really loud and looked into the bag and then back at her... "It's not killing me...." I said trying to be polite as I could. I think I got my point across as she slammed the door in my face. My point to this whole thing is: COME ON PEOPLE!!!! IT'S HALLOWEEN!!! If you get a gift on your door step and it's not flaming dog doo. Smile and be happy its NOT flaming dog doo!!!

Jessica....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
ROFLMAO!!! I love it!! (Having received both good and bad "Boos", I'd say that the candy is muuuuuch nicer than raw eggs or flaming poo!)

Jessica, check out my avatar. Had that and a dog skeleton strapped into the front seat of the minivan last year. Can't tell you how many "suspect vehicle" calls the local PD pranked on each other!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I feel like a smuck by this point... I do know why folks hate cops..
Aw, hunny. As a non-cop I can tell you...people can always tell when the cops are just doing their duty but have no ill will whatsoever. I have met so many great policemen and women in my lifetime. The kids knew. That's why they smiled and handed you the bag. They knew you were kind and were someone to be trusted.

LOL, quick story. When my oldest son was 13, I was driving him to school and was stopped behind a minivan trying to make a left. Right behind me, another car didn't see the two stopped cars I guess, and slammed into me. My car was between the two cars and was totaled. I guess it was the shock, because when my son and I got out of the car, I started cryng and I just couldn't stop.

Well, the police showed up. And in the middle of all this, with me sobbing and black eye makeup all over my face, the two other drivers dazed and our cars crumpled, my son RUNS over to the cop and goes, "Officer L! You came to our school (for DARE)!" in the HAPPIEST voice. LOL. It was so incongruous. But I'll tell ya. Kids do know! The policeman was like "Hi, buddy!" and they just started chatting!

On your post--wow, people really are scared nowadays. But this has given me an awesome idea. Provided we don't get arrested for it, maybe I'll BOO my neighborhood and see if I can get them in the Halloween spirit. That could be awesome.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I wonder what the women will do if she ever finds small girls with strange uniforms trying to sell her cookies at her home...... lol Thanks for sharing that tale it made my day in a strange way.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ROFLMAO!!! I love it!! (Having received both good and bad "Boos", I'd say that the candy is muuuuuch nicer than raw eggs or flaming poo!)

Jessica, check out my avatar. Had that and a dog skeleton strapped into the front seat of the minivan last year. Can't tell you how many "suspect vehicle" calls the local PD pranked on each other!
LOL Halloween Screamqueen, I'm sure you got alot of laughs over that!

That was an awesome story. You should have gotten the gift basket off of her for "evidence." =)
Totally would have except I had a door slammed in my face first :p

Well, the police showed up. And in the middle of all this, with me sobbing and black eye makeup all over my face, the two other drivers dazed and our cars crumpled, my son RUNS over to the cop and goes, "Officer L! You came to our school (for DARE)!" in the HAPPIEST voice. LOL. It was so incongruous. But I'll tell ya. Kids do know! The policeman was like "Hi, buddy!" and they just started chatting!

On your post--wow, people really are scared nowadays. But this has given me an awesome idea. Provided we don't get arrested for it, maybe I'll BOO my neighborhood and see if I can get them in the Halloween spirit. That could be awesome.
If a cop really cares, you can tell, it comes out in everything they do. BOOin your neighborhood is fine! Don't let a few fuddy duddies ruin it. It's not illegal and any cop worth their salt, may stop and talk but go on their merry way after..

At least you dont have to buy candy to hand out now that you "confinscated" some.......:p
Oh, I'll have to buy more.. What usually starts out as trick or treat, uaually ends up as trick or trunk. All it takes is one kid to ask, "Can I see your patrol car?" and the show and tell starts. I'm glad I have patient neighbors because for the next 4 hours the blue lights will go on and off and the siren will go on and off on all selections. Not to mention the kids yelling on the PA system.

I wonder what the women will do if she ever finds small girls with strange uniforms trying to sell her cookies at her home...... lol Thanks for sharing that tale it made my day in a strange way.
Good point, I'm not sure... But I think Miss Lady needs a life, if she didnt want the baggie of candy... chunk it!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
:D:D:D that is too funny oh my gosh i am crying that i am lauging so much lol :D:D:D

what a story , thank you for sharing this it totally made my day :p

i am visualizing you eating that candy bar in her face her her slaming the door , oh priceless ;)

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
Thanks for sharing that story!! I work in an Emergency Room, so I can totally sympathize with how ridiculous people can be. Obviously that woman needs to get a life. And may I add my thanks to you and all the good police officers that keep us safe and sound!!

·
I'll get you my pretty!
550 Posts
that is so ridiculous!!!! :p i can't believe she took that so far!!!! if she didn't want it she should have just binned it! or maybe she's just the type of person who people don't want to give gifts to normally anyway . . .
:rolleyes:

i was going to start the Boo thing round my village this year - but just didn't get round to it. It's not done around here - but i know a few people that i think would get a kick out of it!!!! I'll buy some cheap pumpkin baskets in the sales & keep them for next year - as i will be in US for halloween next year I think it's only right I should encourage some people to get into the spirit before i go!

·
Registered
27 Posts
J.P.
That was great story. LOL.
I was decorating my front yard (w/ my 2 BIG dogs) in the dark the other night and I had the sheriff that was crusing the housing track w/ his spot light for something or someone. He stopped in front of our house to watch me hanging up my pvc pipe candles with the battery tea lites in our tree and then came around again as I was taking pictures of of to post on the forum. I said hello to him and he laughted and went on his way.

I know it's going to be a busy night for you (& the fire depts.) this Friday, so be careful but have fun. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts