Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Travis, I've been around a few years but I dare say this is the first time I've ever posted over here.
Anyway, my friend Mike volunteers over at the Lake Harriet/ Lake Como Trolley Minnesota Streetcar Museum and around this time of year they do a 'Ghost Trolley' ride on Friday and Saturday evenings in October. Well, long story short, I'm now learning that they are having trouble digging up Zombies to eat unsuspecting Trolley car riders. If any body out there in the Minneapolis/ St Paul area feels like donning thier best Zombie duds for an early evening romp to scare perfect strangers just for fun, this would be a nice early evening out. You could even make a night of it and stop by Donny Dirks Zombie Den on the way home for a cold one. http://www.donnydirks.com/ They don't have anything to do with the Lake Harriet Trolley by the way, I'm just trying to think of ways to get people out. I know it's kind of short notice, but any body who comes out is more than we had before, as with any Zombie menace, the more the better!

If you want in on the fun, contact me through here and I'll get you in touch with Mike. Here's some basic info from him;

The nights we need people are for all 5 nights. That doesn't mean you'd have to do all 5, although that would be great. The dates are:

Fri Oct 16
Sat Oct 17
Fri Oct 23
Sat Oct 24
Fri Oct 30

We're NOT going to do it Halloween night (that was my idea).

It's 6PM-9PM all 5 evenings. But we'd want people at our carbarn around 5:00, so we can get all the zombies together, get their makeup on (we'd provide the makeup, fake blood, etc). It would basically entail surrounding each streetcar as it stops at the carbarn, swarm it, do zombie type stuff, and then back in the barn until the next car approaches. We'd have the carbarn for protection from the elements if it's bad weather, some chairs, etc in there too so you're not on your feet all night.

Also, if you know other people that would be interested in a fun time, that's great. You can never have too many zombies...

Also, if anyone wants to do more evenings than scheduled, great! The more the better! Just let me know.

Costume and Makeup Basics: Again, we'll have the makeup for the zombies, so you don't have to bring any of it or do it beforehand. As for costumes, anything goes. I'd recommend old, dirty, beat up clothing. We'll have fake blood for people to use, and I wouldn't want it dripping on any "good" clothes. As the zombies may be "tapping" lightly on the outsides of the streetcar, please also have a pair of gloves on. This will make our maintenance crew happy that we didn't dirty up the outsides of the streetcars with our fingerprints all over them. Besides, depending on the temperature, gloves will probably feel good those nights.

Weather and Carbarn info: Rod Eaton may correct me here, but we're gonna run rain or shine. If it's a torrential downpour, I'm sure it'll get cancelled. Otherwise, light rain I'm sure we'll be running. But it will probably be chilly those nights knowing Minnesota. The one side of the carbarn will be heated and enclosed, so zombies will wait in there between runs. The carbarn is a working restoration shop. Please be mindful of the shop equipment, drop pit (it will be covered), tools, and other items in there. Mike (lead zombie) will go over safety rules once you're there.

Food, drink, and bathroom info: We'll have some snacks and beverages (water) for people if they need. HOWEVER, we do not have a bathroom at the carbarn, so don't drink too much! We are trying to maybe get a portable Satellite down there. But if not, the closest bathrooms are either Famous Daves or the portables down at the Lake Harriet Bandshell.

Display: The carbarn area will be a zombie dream come true! For the display each night, we'll have PCC Car #322 on the siding that the running streetcar will stop alongside. On #322, we'll have three strobe lights, red floodlights, and a red rotating type light (think policecar style) all on it. We'll have a few zombies (actor) on it too. There will be a fog machine under it as well with two red floodlights on the track the moving streetcar stops that'll be shining up onto #322. The ready barn (where we store two of the streetcars daily), will have one bay door open with a red floodlight and a red rotating type light inside with another fog machine at the doorway. The zombies will be in the maintenance side of the carbarn (it's the heated side) and will go in and out of the open bay door on the ready barn side for the attacks. We'll have a lookout watching for the streetcar between attacks so we can be ready to go.

Being a zombie: The zombies will be doing one of three things when the streetcar full of dinner... oops, I mean passengers, arrives each trip. We'll have some on the PCC Car on display, some that will go up and down both sides of the streetcar full of patrons, and some that will actually board the streetcar. These will be rotated throughout the night. If you are outside of the streetcar, again, Mike will show you how to "rap" lightly on the windows and not pound on them. If you go inside the car with Mike, just like a haunted house, please don't touch the passengers. We'll go up and down the streetcar's isle, sniff potential victims, bump into each other, mumble "Brains" and such. After we discover there are "no brains" on the streetcar, we'll get off. The streetcar will give us a signal (whistle blow?) - that will be our cue to get away from the streetcar and back into the barn. Once we're all clear, I'll give the signal to the crew that it's safe to go. We want to be sure we're all safely away from the sides of the car when it's moving. Again, we'll go over this each night beforehand as well. As for how to act, we're zombies, so just move slow, no running needed. Mumbling brains is recommended and is probably the limit of our vocabulary!

Time: Again, it's 6:00PM to 9:00PM each evening. Please be sure you can be at the carbarn by 5:00PM if at all possible the nights you're scheduled. You can contact me or Rod if you have questions on where it is and how to get there. The first weekend we'll run just one streetcar. The second and third weekends we'll probably have two streetcars going. So it may be 10-12 minutes between "attacks" the first weekend, and maybe 8-10 minutes or less between "attacks" when we run two cars at a time.

Finally, thanks again! Streetcar Zombies is a plural (i.e.: more than one). We can't do this without your help! So huge thanks to all and we'll see you soon!

I'll probably email you all again as things get closer. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's us on Saturday last weekend having a blast!

There's still 3 nights left if anyone's interested. Especially tonight, our ranks our looking a little anemic.
Let me know, or just meet us down at the Lake Harriet car barn, ask for Travis or Mike.

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, last bump of this topic. But I have to post this. Here's us on the local news. Enjoy.

·
Ghastly One
5,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUMP!

Greetings!
This is starting back up again and we're probably going to need actors again this year. I'm going to make a new post once the particulars on the new theme get completely hammered out, but I'm bringing this thread up so you can see what the potential is with good help.

The theme will Not be Zombies this year, just FYI.

And the dates and times will be the two Fri-Sat weekends before Halloween - 4 nights total - Oct 22, 23 & Oct 29, 30. Not running Halloween (Sunday) Night. Will be 6:00PM-9:00PM like previous years.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good luck with this years Haunted Trolley!
We attend the Excelsior Historical Society Ghost Trolley every year-it's awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts