Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yup :/
If we hadn't had two CRAZY weekends of Halloween Fun already AND didn't need the rain so bad I'd be more bummed than I am.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes during the day and then temps drop and we may see some FLURRIES ! We are having a big party and I am still planning a bon fire but not sure if many will want to be outside ..:(

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not here. It will be high 63 low 47
:)

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Yep. However all neighboring towns and cities have TOT scheduled for Thursday, which is supposed to be nice. On Halloween all activities will be indoors for us anyway, so I guess it worked out.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Everything was looking good until the most recent update - now it is a 40% chance! Hoping it is in the early afternoon so everything can go out!

·
Registered
13,832 Posts
It sounds like a foregone conclusion in my area now. Rain starting Thursday night in some places, rain thru Friday just about everywhere in my area, and finishing up on Saturday in some areas. It's gorgeous today and I'll go out an add some outdoor lighting. I have some giant ravens that are all plastic (thank you 99 Cent Only Store for this year's item!) which I'll set up to sit on our fence today or tomorrow. Add some webbing and black plastic "willow tree" strips to our trees. Won't use any of the props I had intended to use outside, so will be looking thru what I do have that won't get messed up by the rain. My new werewolves will get used, not outside but instead inside our entry way and hopefully giving a scare and a howl when we open the door to the trick or treaters. I'll reposition my Beware of Dog sign closer to the front door now. Suppose I could pull out and set up my big black cat or medium size spider airblown and use this year. Could tie some skeletons to the posts on our small porch area like they were climbing it. Lots of wet weather decor possibilities I guess. Oh well, need to get moving on these ideas....

I hope the vast majority of you get to do what you had planned and you all have a Happy Halloween.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yep 5th yr in a row of lousy wet weather that will keep people away.

Because of the history of 90% rain on our special day, we designed the yard for it.

Have a portable carport up with black tarp to make jail cells. And the electric chair is in its own covered chambers. The other torture devices are built for outdoors so just the people built of SpiderHill kits and chicken wire and costumes.

So we planned for the rain in the build but it totally sucks it is coming. Months of work and probably only dozen TOTs will come I bet. :(

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Now they're saying a high of 68 and a low of 38! Love it! No rain though, unless the tiny bit that is predicted for tomorrow stalls and comes in late. Serious doubts that we'll get any though.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cloudy and windy with periods of light rain. High 42F. Winds N at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Happens every year in northwest indiana.....hope it blows through early

1 - 20 of 53 Posts