Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everyone to help think of some fast and low cost idea's for a Cemetery that I have taken on. It will be up of one day and I have 10 hours to put it up. a few others and myself will be building it. Kids will walk through the Cemetery on the way to a tomb tent where they will have scary stories read to them. The event is for charity and will be viewed in daylight. We have not nailed down all idea's yet. But I hope to by the end of week. But as usual I am afraid I may be forgetting something. Or I haven't thought of something. Please if you guys have any idea's that would add a tweek to the cemetery. I would love it. not a whole lot of outlet are available. And Oh Yea! the event is October 4. Perhapes I should just cut my throat and lay out on the lawn. Thanks in advance.

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Make wooden crosses by tearing apart grocery store pallets, they will usually give a few for free. Also a great source for a wooden plank fence - which need not be complete, it can be torn down in places.

Make this assembly-line, ie., one person nails, one person paints names and dates, one person arranges and anchors the crosses, etc.

Go to the locale recycling centers or your locale habitat for humanity for second-hand items - foam and latex paint can be found there sometimes, as well as fenceposts and wooden stakes for posting. Also, make flat tombstones from wooden 1 X 8 's, if you can't find or afford foam.

One money-saver would be to gather flat, sturdy boxes, like the sort UPS and FedEx use for shipping, and making your own paper mache clay to make them stony and give them rounded heads. It's shredded paper boiled in salt water (salt prevents mold when drying) and paste or elmers glue is added after straining. You can find a lot of recipes online.
Leave a section of lid attached so you can stake it when it's done, using large nails or thick wire.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
You can make an excellent groung breaker coffin with a pallet. There is a thread about it on here somewhere. I made two and it didnt cost me a thing because I got the pallets for free, You can also cut a cross out of the top of one of them and put a colored light inside or fog. Its a nice effect for literally dirt cheap:)

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Oh, and call every party supply house, Michaels, garden ridge, Spirit, Halloween Express, whatever in the area and tell them that if any of their foam tombstones arrive broken or damaged, you'll take 'em.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boy you guys are fast. I do have my eyes on a few pallets at lows I hope to get and Yes I have put the word out locally for more rates, crows, vultures, snakes and bugs and stones. Thanks so far people. I knew I could count on you guys. Thanks for the assemble line idea. Why did I not think for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts