Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work at a little known haunt that in the past has been known to scare pretty well despite lack of funds. pictures and more information will be uploaded to this thread and please if you are in or near kirby look us up.:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Texas boy right here... I'm from the metroplex,.after we got too old for trick or treating my brother and I handed out candy with some of our friends over we would do minor things..we'd still dress u and hide and try to scare people... but that was small game.

... then in 1999 on a sad halloween night, just me and my brother,.. no friends came over at all..... We vowed to never do this again,.. and every Halloween we would put on a grand haunt... we have lived up to that since.., .this is our own tenth anniversary since we started having all out haunts.

I'll share our haunts with you.

MySpace - The Kings of Halloween - 30 - Male - FORT WORTH, Texas - myspace.com/thekingsofhalloween our myspace

and some vids

YouTube - Kings of Halloween Past: Part 1

YouTube - Kings of Halloween past part 2

So Sayeth, the Kings...of Halloween..................

(in out neighborhood :p )

·
Registered
185 Posts
In Texas here as well but way off up in the panhandle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

Thank you for the replies but the haunt is in san antonio area near ackerman and binz engleman. I would like to thank yall again for the replies and hope to see you and if you can give some good ideas that would be great.:D:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
wow..i LIve in texas as well..im in the Mansfield area...but San Antonio is a little far for me..although i have been many times..its a great city..and im sure your haunt is the best!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Any of you Dallas area haunters ever checked out Thrillvania in Terrell? I saw in on a travel channel special and thought it looked cool but I've also heard it was pretty cheesy. Any opinions?

I'm just west of Fort Worth, BTW.

·
The Minister of Macabre
954 Posts
Any of you Dallas area haunters ever checked out Thrillvania in Terrell? I saw in on a travel channel special and thought it looked cool but I've also heard it was pretty cheesy. Any opinions?

I'm just west of Fort Worth, BTW.
Thrillvania (Verdun Manor) is my personal favorite haunted house. I could wite an entire book in this post as to why... It is by far the best build, decorated, and constructed haunted house I have been too. The sets are absolutly spectatcular and the detail is unbeliveable. Check out DFW Haunted Houses - DFW Haunted Houses and read their review of it. It was created by Lance Pope and for many years, was not only the best looking haunt, but one of the scariest. When Lance passed away in 2002, the venue has never been the same. The acting is poor and the place just lost that ambeiance that it once had.

I strongly sugguest you visit it this year... If anything, you will greatly appriciate its haunting beauty and detail. Me and my friends love the place and we are just happy that it's still open despite it's many road blocks. I would not say that it's "Cheesy"... The place is a Haunters Mecca! If you love Halloween, I cannot see how you wouldnt love Verdun Manor.

Other great DFW haunts are: 13th Street Mourgue/Reindeer Manor, Necroplex, Screams, Zombie Manor, Cutting Edge, and the Terrorplex are all worth visiting. If I'm not mistaken, DFW has more professional haunts per capita then any where else in the country... or at least it seems.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i for 1 have been to the haunted(forgot the name) in Waxahachie..it was horrible 4 haunted houses..40 pp 4 HUGE lines,.,,we paid ro 4 got into 2...it was really terrible..Hot and Hot and the place (I beleive) dont quote me..is/was a scarbough(sp?) fair i think..they had some of the girls and guys dressed up like them and they sold artifacts and windchimes with the themes on them..i have not seen it yet advertised this year but i for 1 will not b going back!!

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Thrillvania (Verdun Manor) is my personal favorite haunted house. I could wite an entire book in this post as to why... It is by far the best build, decorated, and constructed haunted house I have been too. The sets are absolutly spectatcular and the detail is unbeliveable. Check out DFW Haunted Houses - DFW Haunted Houses and read their review of it. It was created by Lance Pope and for many years, was not only the best looking haunt, but one of the scariest. When Lance passed away in 2002, the venue has never been the same. The acting is poor and the place just lost that ambeiance that it once had.

I strongly sugguest you visit it this year... If anything, you will greatly appriciate its haunting beauty and detail. Me and my friends love the place and we are just happy that it's still open despite it's many road blocks. I would not say that it's "Cheesy"... The place is a Haunters Mecca! If you love Halloween, I cannot see how you wouldnt love Verdun Manor.

Other great DFW haunts are: 13th Street Mourgue/Reindeer Manor, Necroplex, Screams, Zombie Manor, Cutting Edge, and the Terrorplex are all worth visiting. If I'm not mistaken, DFW has more professional haunts per capita then any where else in the country... or at least it seems.
Excellent info! Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts