Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

Let today mark the beginning of my Jack sparrow costuming. I have done a hellofalotta searching and research. I know where to buy my sword, pistol, wig, and shirt. Unfortunately this is CHACHING! Expensive stuff. Probably like 300 bucks. My biggest challenges so far are going to be where to buy my accessories (compass, sash, belts) as well as Making my Boots and making my waistcoat. I have seen all Sithcamaro has to offer as well as keeptothecodes posts. Just curious if there are any experienced insider tips for boots and my problem areas. Good luck to everyone in their quest to be the most accurate depictions we can be, you crazy haunted nuts!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I recommend CA Boots for... well.. boots. They do some great Sparrow boots at reasonable prices. The big question is whether you are planning on wearing this costume regularly, or is it a one time halloween thing?
You can also get some regular 'cowboy' boots at a thrift store and built the bucket top to fit them. I've done this several times in the past for various pirate costumes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CA boots are 300$ I'm probably going with the sith camaro tutorial on this one, maybe in the future I'll get a pair of caboots. But like all of my costumes my purpose will be that of halloween, as accurate as possible and as inexpensive as possible, and who am I kidding, I do plan on using this one again.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
I checked out your albums and I think your Jack Sparrow costume turned out great!

Nicely done there matey.....:D!!!

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
That really is one AWESOME Jack Sparrow, my friend!! Nicely done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oi thanks mates!

The boots were really tough and the tutorials provided on the jack sparrow websites aren't very effective. Plus the guys on those websites critisize the smallest details so it drove me to try harder. My boots are homemade (Suede glued to a pair of womens boots) and the vest, coat, and pants are tailored. I made the wig meself! It would be my pleasure to be the resident Halloweenforum Jack sparrow go-to guy if anyone ever needs help, and I'd be a lot more forgiving than most in terms of accuracy. Cause there's more I could of done but $$$
This costs about 7-900$ and you can even pay upwards of 4000$ if you're not careful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts