Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was in Lowes today and saw the Christmas lights and music box thingy that you hook up to your lights outside and it makes a whole extravaganza, then noticed it included 4 Halloween settings. I was thrilled except when I clicked those on it just didnt sound spooky enough. It was 129 and I dont think you can add your own music. Then I went into spirit and noticed that they had their own Halloween lights and music show also for $129 and it included MM Halloween theme and Adams family along with a few others only this one you could hook up to your MP3 player and do your own music. Now I like that idea because I could do any thunder CD or spooky sound CD. So im torn. I really like the one in lowes because it came with 40 Christmas songs and I could get double use. My question is .....does anyone know if there is a way to make the one at Lowes allow me to download my own songs. A way to hack it I suppose:rolleyes: Any help would be greatly appreciated. THanks guys.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
I bought the one from spirit and it is awesome. It has an Auxilarry setting where you can play anything you have on your IPOD or MP3 player and it works great. Just get the one from spirit so you have the cool halloween songs and then just set up a folder for what ever other halloween songs you want to play through it and make a christmas folder for all the christmas songs you want to play through it. Problem solved. I am in love with this spirit halloween light show, it looks just awesome. I even played some Metallica through it just for giggles and it looks great.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the one from spirit and it is awesome. It has an Auxilarry setting where you can play anything you have on your IPOD or MP3 player and it works great. Just get the one from spirit so you have the cool halloween songs and then just set up a folder for what ever other halloween songs you want to play through it and make a christmas folder for all the christmas songs you want to play through it. Problem solved. I am in love with this spirit halloween light show, it looks just awesome. I even played some Metallica through it just for giggles and it looks great.

Thanks Kprimm! I dont know why I didnt think of that:) I think you are right. I think I will go with the spiirit one. Can you tell me about the volume? Do you find it loud enough? The spirit one will be better also because I can get it for 25% off:) If anyone else out there has any experience with this one please let me know:)

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey kprimm, can you tell me what the other songs on the spirit lighting machine are? I was wondering if it had a thunder track?? Or does anyone out there know of a really good thunder CD, with spooky sounds thrown in??

·
Registered
274 Posts
Spooki Mama unless they have changed this a bit be carefull running you own songs through it. I have last years Chritmas one. The built in songs and show are great of course they are pre programed. Anything you play on mp3 just flashes random lights on and off. This seems to work very well for lightning but I hated it for playing my own music through it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was toying with the one I got after Christmas last year and I plugged mine into my computer speakers (I am MP3 Illiterate). I even used Audacity to create a "tone" to see if it was truly "random". Yep! Completely random!! Heck, the "tone" even made a nice Lightning storm!

I can't imagine the one from Lowe's would not have the MP3 input! But, maybe it doesn't... How many "channels" (light plugs) does it have? $129 seems pretty steep to me!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually the Lowes one is not meant to do that. I was talking about the Spirit one, it is meant to run am MP3 through it. It has no christmas songs only halloween. I know the Lowes one has great Christmas ones but Im not crazy about the halloween trak that comes with it

·
Registered
22 Posts
If cost is not a factor and you want total control of your show check out a box from lightorama there full programable the way you want too. great for both hoildays

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
How dare y'all taint such a lovely holiday with Xmas talk. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts