Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made this cake this week. I was trying it out for a class that I am taking. I think it's going to be my cake I have at our Halloween/1st Anniversary Party we have this year. Unless I try other ideas out.

Everything is ediable, except the inside of the pumpkin. The cake is covered with Fondant and some of the decorations on the sides.

The pumpkin, cat, little pumpkins and leaves are all made from Gum Paste.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
That's a great looking cake! I've always wanted to get into fondant and gum paste, but have been too afraid to try it. I really love the colors - especially the blue and the trees. Nice Job!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the positive comments. Yes it is totally edible, except the inside of the pumpkin that is a stryofoam ball and model magic covered in gumpaste, I didn't want to use that much gum paste. I was worried about working with fondant and the gum paste also, but I'm getting more comfortable with it. I have to work more with the fondant when covering a cake. It dries pretty quick, but it's easier then covering the cake with buttercream and trying to put all the decorations on it. As for the Gum Paste, LOVE IT!:p It's like working with FIMO or Sculpty clay only it air dries pretty quick. I have a couple other cakes I wanted to try and now that I know how to use the stuff I'm going to try them.:D

·
Mill Creek Haunted Hollow
6,359 Posts
Absolutely beautiful work!

My wife took the Wilton class series a few years ago and really enjoyed it. From time to time, she makes some pretty amazing cakes. Last year, she made a really cool haunted house cake for Halloween. It had white chocolate ghosts, pumpkins, vines and shutters -- it was great.

I wish I had a picture. :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wow, that cakes a stunner! :D Glad you've taken pictures of it! It would be a shame to have made something so great and not shown anyone! :p

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
You did a fabulous job darling!!! I love it!!! THats actually a good idea trying out a cake now so you know exactly what you are doing for Halloween. I might get in my kitchen this weekend and try some things out. THanks for sharing it really looks fantastic:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts