Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a fog chiller Cadaver Crypt I made. Behind one of the skulls is a fan to bring fresh air into the fog machine and the other 7 are where the fog exits. Inside there is also space for ice to cool the fog.
43636814_1735571586553152_6208220358437240832_n.jpg

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's the best-looking chiller I've seen! Unrelated to the function - how did you fill in the space under the legs? That give it the look of being carved out of a solid stone. Nice!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will try to take some more pictures of the inside and post it. Under the skeleton I used expanding foam to fill in the space and then carved it to make it look like a solid piece of stone. I was going to use the cloth method I have seen before but I felt that it losses too much detail in the skeleton.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I gotta say this is a masterpiece of form AND function. I've been asking myself how to hide a ground fogger for a cemetery scene when you thought to yourself "Hide? HIDE?!?! I'm making it the front and center STAR!" I think I have an idea of the plumbing involved but like everyone else here, I'd love to see how you did it. I gotta say I love and hate this forum for all the great ideas people come up with. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a power tap and maybe a wiper motor or three inside this to run even more animations without turning the box into an overheated nightmare. Maybe I'll have to make a His N Hers crypt with cross flowing chilled foggers... Anyway, that's one fantastic prop you should be extremely proud of, and rightfully so!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I promised more pictures and video from this build.
IMG_5181.jpg IMG_5183.jpg IMG_5185.jpg IMG_5184.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Nicely done. As I'm building my second one of these next year, and there's few of us that have built these yet, I've got some questions:

So, your chiller portion just blows the fog into the ice tank?

To have the fog exit out the skulls on the side, did you just put holes, or was anything helping direct/force the air? I know you mentioned a fan to the fog machine area, but nothing to the rest? Or is it all open, not sealed chambers, so the fan is presurizing the whole chamber, thus forcing fog out?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seriously want to build something like this. I saw someone online that had built one that atomizes the water rather than use fog machine as such. Not sure it would be able to create enough though

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The fan that forces air into the area with the machine and the machine blows the fog into the ice chamber. Both sides are connected so the pressure from the fan helps to keep the fog moving out of the eyes. The post on 10-23 has it in action via a youtube video. If you want a video of my entire haunt with the crypt running at night it is at https://www.facebook.com/EdgewaterMortuary/ . There are various pictures of the crypt and one with the fog running at night.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is so cool! I have 3 fog chillers in my yard all built inside coffins and then piped throughout the yard . Yours is masterful !!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts