Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone would be interested in a northern ca
make and take , or maybe just an info exchange and get togather .
Maybe somone in sacramento area would be interested in hosting it.
I see so many people in other areas having a great time doing these
and wonder why we dont have somthing like this of our own.
lets get somthing going

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
I can't host, but I'd sure be interested in an info exchange or get-together. I'm in the Bay Area, and can travel a bit on weekends (if I'm good and get all my chores done LOL).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up. I just brought this up in the "is halloween dying" thread. I too am in Northern California. I don't think I could host, but I am def interested.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've been looking for a group like this! I sent an email to the SoCal group, I hope its not too far from San Diego.
The meetings have all been in the LA area so far. There has been talk of a San Diego meeting, but nothing has materialized as of yet. Several members are in the San Diego area and have been known to carpool.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im looking into the norcal association, but i would still like to have a
info exchange or somthing

·
Registered
384 Posts
OC Haunt

We need an Orange County Chapter. I would be more than happy to host to make up for a lack of expertise.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We need an Orange County Chapter. I would be more than happy to host to make up for a lack of expertise.
I got an email back from their membership coordinator for the SoCal chapter, it seems their meetings are held anywhere between San Diego and Los Angeles - each time it's different, once a month.

Now the hard part will be convincing Wifeypoo I'm going to LA to make a bottomless pit.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Next SoCalHaunt is June 13th in Covina,CA. The wife and I are excited to check it out.

Thanks Octoberist for providing the path!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Next SoCalHaunt is June 13th in Covina,CA. The wife and I are excited to check it out.

Thanks Octoberist for providing the path!
Gadzooks, that's more than 2 hours and my van just went into the shop! Still won't be able to make it, I'll be in Hawaii with Wifeypoo and Lil 'Un for 10 days during that time.

Maybe I can make the July meeting. Sounds exciting Johan, what is the project?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I do not know the project yet.

Check out socalhaunts.com for membership info. There are 50-60 people in the group and sounds very exciting.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Going today... wish us luck.

Project is a variation of the FCG. Should work well with my current craziness.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
CalHauntS has a Northern California branch where they do make & takes.
Check them out right here -
CalHauntS Norcal

Thanks for posting the link to this group! I never knew they existed. I see from the archive of meetings that the meetings have been in different places around the bay. Sounds like a fun way to share info, and a hands-on experience building something is a great way to add another prop to one's haunt.

Looked at some of the pics taken during the past events and this really looks like a lot of fun. Some nice facades pictured during the 9/19/09 event; Loved the Mantooth Manor posts during the 6/20/09 event; and really enjoyed the videos posted under the Skultronix groundbreaking workshop on 5/16/09. I'm going to enjoy just looking at the rest of the pics I can tell. Not many homes in the neighborhoods in my area do halloween up with lots of hand-made props so this would be such a treat to attend some of these.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Northern Calif / CalHauntS

For those Northern California/SF Bay area haunters, I just noticed that they have added a March meeting to the calendar:

The 2/20/10 meeting is in Roseville (Sacramento area) and on How to foam fill a latex mask taught by Bryan Patterson of Callson Manor (professional haunt);

The 3/20/10 meeting will be in Campbell (San Jose area) and on Advanced Tombstone Finishing Techniques taught by Robert Santos of Mantooth Manor.

For more info: CalHauntS Norcal

Both sound like great classes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts