Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this was a very simple project. i took my little ones little tykes sand box and emptied it(she never played in it). i painted the entire sand box flat black.i then sprayed great stuff foam all over it,especially on the rim.then i started placing twigs and branches all around the rim.this took alot of free branches! the great stuff expands a little and holds the limbs.i then sprayed about 4 cans of foam all over the whole nest.this was optional! i then sprayed flat paint all over the nest. i then painted some lg eggs that i got at the dollar store.i painted them black and forrest green .i then added a few buzzard props i had got over the years.big lots sells them for $25 a pc. hope you like the nest. you could make the nest useing a cheap plastic pool to. the prop with the branches is around 4' all around.sorry i didn't have any of the actual build pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for the idea

Thank you so much for the idea. I had A pool that ad A big hole in it, cut it down to fit it in my show room, wrapped grape vines around it, twisteded newspaper for filling and then sprayed foam filler. After that I sprayed it with black spray paint. It really looks good. Im thinking of hooking up A wiper motor to the bird so it moves. If you want to see A picture of it I posted it, go to spookhouse in my albums, Hope it works I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. Thank you for this great idea.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
HEY FF,

You wait till I see you at the next North Carolina's Haunters Group meet!! Gonna slap those hands.....how terrible you stealing your kids toys & then trying to give us an excuse!! Wait till I tell the rest of the gang!!l (big smile)!

the Muffster

PS>>>>still it looks really good...how you coming along with things?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts