Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, it seems like I go through this every year, I can't find any decent quality life sized skulls at a good price. I'm constantly chasing that dragon. I'm looking for life sized, can be foam, plaster, resin, doesn't matter and really don't want to spend upwards of $20 for each. I don't have a lot of free time on my hands this year to attempt making some, although I could cast them if I had a good mold to work with. Any help would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Every year MICHAELS carries some foam skulls that I think are life-size. You need to go in early because they go fast. In my stores they are in with all the general halloween. I believe they come with a full skull and also with a jawless version.

WALGREESN and BIG LOTS have carried some pretty decent resin skulls the past few years. Walgreens had stocked alot of them in previous years and then seemed to have cut back on inventory and then raised the price on them last year. Not sure everyone was able to find them stocked last year. Big Lots had the resin skulls last year and for a bit more. I think my first resin skull purchased a few years back was around $6 but kept getting more expensive. Should be photos of them in the yearly Walgreens and Big Lots threads from the past.

I also think HALLOWEEN ASYLUM has the same or similar skull on their site. It's in stock now if you are thinking of molding them and getting an early start: Realistic Skull

I'm pretty sure I remembered seeing similar resin skulls at HALLOWEEN CITY last year as well. Don't see it on their website right now but they and their sister store, PARTY CITY, both carry foam skull on their website right now but it may be too small for you, 6-1/2 inches, here's a LINK to the Party City item. Same price as the HC one (they pretty much duplicate products on both sites). Another source for these same foam skulls would be BUYCOSTUMES BuyCostumes.com. Same price but aren't in stock yet.

Tried to give you a few sources in case one is local for you and you are planning on buying a bunch so hope to save on shipping.

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,302 Posts
If your local stores are like mine, Hobby Lobby just put out some of their fall inventory, I didn't get a chance to really look and see what was out but if it's in one store the others are soon to follow.

·
Human Candy Shovel
1,107 Posts
Target has carried a halfway decent plastic skull with a hinged jaw for the last two years. It is slightly undersized, but you can't complain with the price is only $5.

Here is a photo of one of mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts