Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking of buying costumes online, I found a site based out of California, I think anyway bc the phone number, (probably out of India) that's offering the cheapest costumes online. They say they'll give 12% back if anyone is cheaper. Not a bad deal. I thought I'd share. Oh, the site is: halloweencostumesale.com:eek:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I hope it'll be hopeful to people.

I only wish their plus size section was better. size 16-18 is NOT plus size. That's messed up.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Amen, sister!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I second that Amen! And their idea of a size 16-18 is usually more like a size 12-14. I have been a size 16 for YEARS, and most of those "plus sized" costumes are too small for me. The ones that REALLY get me going say fits size 16-24. Who are they kidding? I bought one once... it BARELY fit me at a size 16, and there is NO WAY it would ever fit a size 24. That's why I have MADE my own costumes for the last 3 years...

*throws her hands up and demands better costume sizing*

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
costume sizing is the absolute bane of my existence . i weigh 185 pounds. my jeans say size 14 my shirts say xl. no bigger truly, yet a Plus size costume never ever ever fits. ugh.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm with the Amen Sisters. I work in the costume business and most of the costumes that are available nowadays are sized super small. We have tiny girls that look like Barbie that even have to wear a medium or a large and they're horrified! So it's not just the size 16's that feel that way. I make my own costumes so that they fit and look the way I want them to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts