Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a terrible experience with Jay from Juneau Studios and understand that I am not alone. Last spring I made a large order from them which included a pneumatic door, talking skulls, 2 different pneumatic zombies, and a pneumatic head in a bucket (which I didn't receive). It took almost 5 months of excuses to get my products - minus one of the items I orderd. Additionaly, he sent me one product that was incorrect, sent a carpenter to my home to fix it, then didn't pay him so I had to take care of it. The pneumatic door was advertised as a flat door, it came as a refrigerator sized box. When I contacted Jay, he told me he decided to ship me a "chamber" and that it was actually better than what I had ordered. So I had to either alter my haunt or alter the propl. I also had to re-enforce the zombies as they were falling apart upon arrival. To this day, I still do not have my full order.
On top of this, I spoke to him in late November and he ordered two dozen tombstones that my business partner and I make. He stated that he wanted to do an exchange for products that he made. He wanted to exhange products at Transworld. We spoke several times until early January then all communications stopped. After many failed attempts to contact him I created a false identity and attempted to place an order with him - to which he replied within an hour. He requested a contact number. Once I gave him a contact number with the same area code and similar to mine, communications once again ceased.
At this time, I have two dozen tombstones made. I am out time and money for materials. I also do not have my completed order. I am also out the money he did not pay a carpenter to fix his error. Please understand I have no problems with someone who wants to change their mind, we all do. He could have told me he didn't want the tombstones and I would have appreciated the communication. I do however have a problem with paying a man for a product and not receiving it, as well as receiving products that are not what they were advertised to be, so much so that I am contacting the BBB and forwarding them all of my communications with him which include the missing products after being paid.
I want to make sure that everyone is aware of this, beware if you encounter him or his business practices.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
Thank you for the heads up, I always check the forum before doing business and am glad I do. Hopefully he will make it right, if not, he won't get any more haunt money from us.

·
Lady Of The Lake
2,729 Posts
I have had a terrible experience with Jay from Juneau Studios and understand that I am not alone. Last spring I made a large order from them which included a pneumatic door, talking skulls, 2 different pneumatic zombies, and a pneumatic head in a bucket (which I didn't receive). It took almost 5 months of excuses to get my products - minus one of the items I orderd. Additionaly, he sent me one product that was incorrect, sent a carpenter to my home to fix it, then didn't pay him so I had to take care of it. The pneumatic door was advertised as a flat door, it came as a refrigerator sized box. When I contacted Jay, he told me he decided to ship me a "chamber" and that it was actually better than what I had ordered. So I had to either alter my haunt or alter the propl. I also had to re-enforce the zombies as they were falling apart upon arrival. To this day, I still do not have my full order.
On top of this, I spoke to him in late November and he ordered two dozen tombstones that my business partner and I make. He stated that he wanted to do an exchange for products that he made. He wanted to exhange products at Transworld. We spoke several times until early January then all communications stopped. After many failed attempts to contact him I created a false identity and attempted to place an order with him - to which he replied within an hour. He requested a contact number. Once I gave him a contact number with the same area code and similar to mine, communications once again ceased.
At this time, I have two dozen tombstones made. I am out time and money for materials. I also do not have my completed order. I am also out the money he did not pay a carpenter to fix his error. Please understand I have no problems with someone who wants to change their mind, we all do. He could have told me he didn't want the tombstones and I would have appreciated the communication. I do however have a problem with paying a man for a product and not receiving it, as well as receiving products that are not what they were advertised to be, so much so that I am contacting the BBB and forwarding them all of my communications with him which include the missing products after being paid.
I want to make sure that everyone is aware of this, beware if you encounter him or his business practices.
Man!
Pureevil that strait up sucks. No other way to put it. Doesnt he know that we all talk? I'll never buy anything and will steer others away. Thank you for sharing so others aren't taken advantage of. You gave him more than enough opportunities to make this right. What a terrible person. I'm sorry you've been put through this!!!

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I joined Hauntcast a couple of years ago to take advantage of member discounts. Juneau never responded to multiple inquires asking how to order with the discount. Hauntcast had problems with them fulfilling their prize commitment and discontinued their partnership. I heard that Hauntcast was once again offering prizes/ discounts from Juneau, so I thought these issues were resolved. It is a shame that you had problems, especially on a large order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since letting Juneau know i was going to post a blog regarding his business practices I have received 3 emails from him. Not once has he mentioned completing my order, his only concern is his own reputation. I informed him i had all of the email, phone, and bank records. His only response has been to tell me that he will sue me, my city, and the dept i work for (i am a firefighter) because he takes his reputation seriously. I reponded again by asking him to please send me the rest of my order and he has not responded.

·
Mad Monster Maker
2,673 Posts
Since letting Juneau know i was going to post a blog regarding his business practices I have received 3 emails from him. Not once has he mentioned completing my order, his only concern is his own reputation. I informed him i had all of the email, phone, and bank records. His only response has been to tell me that he will sue me, my city, and the dept i work for (i am a firefighter) because he takes his reputation seriously. I reponded again by asking him to please send me the rest of my order and he has not responded.
I seriously doubt that he could sue you for posting the truth. I'm no lawyer, but as long as you keep the post factual and avoid any kind of speculation or conjecture, I don't believe he has any legal recourse.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,492 Posts
He's trying to intimidate you into backing off. You have the proof of his shoddy business practices and he knows it. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. You are not slandering him, merely stating facts. If he takes his reputation so seriously, then he needs to man up and square with you. Again, you're not the only one who has had problems with this guy. Don't worry about him seeking retribution.

·
Registered
161 Posts
He's trying to intimidate you into backing off. You have the proof of his shoddy business practices and he knows it. He doesn't have a leg to stand on. You are not slandering him, merely stating facts. If he takes his reputation so seriously, then he needs to man up and square with you. Again, you're not the only one who has had problems with this guy. Don't worry about him seeking retribution.
My thoughts exactly. Facts are facts!

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,114 Posts
Not once has he mentioned completing my order, his only concern is his own reputation..
I may be naive, but it seems to me that if this individual was truly concerned about his reputation, he would simply follow through on commitments, do what he indicated he would do, and take ownership with respect to instances where he has not been able to deliver for whatever reason.

I would imagine that those simple actions would take care of protecting the reputation just a little better than being belligerent with folks that have paid for services/products not rendered, and making idle threats towards the same...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I must admit, I'm strangely interested in the outcome on this. Has this guy tried to resolve anything with you? I may be in the market for some larger things this year and it makes me very nervous about choosing the right vendor!

·
Resident Potterhead
1,972 Posts
I may be naive, but it seems to me that if this individual was truly concerned about his reputation, he would simply follow through on commitments, do what he indicated he would do, and take ownership with respect to instances where he has not been able to deliver for whatever reason.

I would imagine that those simple actions would take care of protecting the reputation just a little better than being belligerent with folks that have paid for services/products not rendered, and making idle threats towards the same...
i was getting ready to say the very same thing. dude obviously doesnt give a flip about his reputation, otherwise he would stop screwing everyone over. hope you can get your issue resolved without having to take it much further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just and update...
I received an email from Juneau Studios today stating that he would be out of the office until April 15th and that he wanted my phone number (which he has had for a year) so he could begin work on completing my order at that time.
Oddly, my friend contacted him regarding making a purchase order 2 days ago and was told that he could begin his order immediately after he received payment and that it would take very little time since it was still very early in the year.

Again, buyer beware..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts