Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Thanks for the heads up to recheck my email. Saw I got it yesterday actually but hadn't opened it so got there a bit late. Not sure what I missed but I did pick up the Circus Cutie outfit with umbrella and the Underworld Ringmaster with mask and hands costumes both for 9.99 each. Both originally 89.99 so the quality should be decent. I can use both in my carnival theme.

Haven't really bought much this year, not really looking for anything either that I can think of, so my halloween funds are not in bad shape at this point. I do agree that the BC sales have had more online in the past that I wanted to buy than this year. But that's ok. I suspect they have kept their inventory as low as possible given the economy the past two years. I am happy with the two costumes I found so it's worth taking a look. And who knows they may add more over time.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
I also had bought the circus cutie costume and almost got the underworld ringmaster, but it got terrible reviews so I didnt get it. I also got very nice clown shoes and Dark Brown Cosplay wig. There may be more sales soon and this is just a teaser, I also got a heads up from costume express that they would be starting theirs soon as well.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Kittyvibe, I only saw one bad review and it was due to a button that came off and they thought it was wrinkled and flimpsy pant material. Button, no biggie, wrinkled? all costumes come packaged pretty wrinkled. For a prop costume for $10 I thought it will be well worth the price. I'm not normally attracted to devilish costumes but actually thought the mask looked pretty scary and liked the hands as well. When I compared it to the regular ringmaster costume they also sell, I liked this one for a haunted carnival better by far. Surprised you didn't care for it.

Glad someone here given all the carnival themes in play bought the Circus Cutie too. Glad that someone was you! I had noticed it had gotten low in qty. I looked at the clown shoes, they looked pretty nice but didn't quite go with the costume I would pair it with. They looked much nicer than the flimsy plastic shoes everybody carries.

Noticed today that some items from yesterday had been dropped from the listings having been sold out. Didn't really notice anything new listed. Wish I would have checked on Thursday when they first sent their email. If I needed it, I thought that medevial king's costume looked really nice. Definitely marked down but it's not $10. But if it were a costume my husband would wear for a party I would have snapped it up.

Shadowbat what costumes did your wife pick up? Sounds like you got a good deal too.

Anyone else find something they could use?

·
Ghouls Rule
2,584 Posts
Hmm, I went back to find the exact posts but I dont see them anymore. Im not unreasonable enough to refuse a costume based on wrinkly-ness or loose button. It had more that described wearing the costume only once and it literally falling off and not lasting one night. Also described the mask as flimsy and not as cool in person. More described the fabric ripping just from handling the costume and the hands arent included. You need to paint your hands and also buy and attach the nails yourself.

The clown shoes will probably go to a prop, you cant even buy the crappy plastic ones for less than $10 and the "real" shoes looked like a better deal. :) Im hoping my bf will wear a clown costume one year too, i have the female clown heels and theres a new female clown mask due out this year I want desperately.

I found a female clown costume that might work, hard to find a decent female outfit without it being too sexy or too unisex. Am just unsure if it will fit because its sold in the UK and I might be off on sizing.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I purchased the ground breaker ghoul and a zombie flamingo. The ground breaker was down to $9.99 from $63.99.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Kittyvibe, Hmm. Guess I saw the pic and skipped over the hand/fingernails part. Thought they were hand gloves. Oh well. I'll let you guys know how the mask looks when it arrives. Your female clown costume sounds interesting. You're right, there aren't a lot of female outfits that grab you.

Cai88, sounds like a good deal. I only checked out the costumes and quickly pulled the trigger on the cart before either of them disappeared from my cart. Maybe I should have kept looking.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I ended up with a few ground breakers and the Spy Vs. Spy combo. It didn't help stop me when they offered 40% off for the white one, dynamites, and a few other things.

Missed out on the Latex Wolf and the Tree. Did anyone get those?

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
You know when I was putting together my order at BuyCostumes I had forgot from past shopping there that at the end of checkout they offer you a set of items at a bigger discount--their final attempt to entice you to add more to your cart. It pays to click on a few things you might like but don't put in your cart because from my experience some of those get offered to you at 40% off on top of the sale price. Good deal if you want them and still have money left to spend. LOL.

BTW I went back and saw the groundbreakers. Those looked pretty nice for $10. Sold out by the time I got to them. I grew up with a sibling that regularly got Mad Magazine and loved the Spy vs. Spy comics there. Fun husband/wife; brothers; sisters; or good friends costumes to party with together.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Been busy this weekend so haven't checked email often. This a.m. saw that BuyCostumes has an extra 10% off sale items (Code Extra10BC). I think it's posted on the site so everyone can see. Noticed that that nice king costume got bought and a number of other things have sold out. I did make one final purchase of a few items I was on the fence about: ladies pirate blouse (great for pirates, medieval, gypsy costumes--and I never find anything like these at my Goodwill), an adult pirate hat with gold trim (figure my captain can get upgraded to a nice hat. I'll take the red bows off of it of course but for 4.99 less 10% not bad. Looks like a decent hat. My other pirates are either bald, wear wigs or also sport cloth do-rags), and two extra large, girls' Sally Can Can costumes for a couple of saloon girls for my western theme. Figure if nothing else they will fit my 3-4 foot skeletons. Post "checkout" they offered 8 items at greater reductions and so I decided to pick up the renaissance princess costume for $5.99 (sale price of 9.99). GR Victoria or Helsa will be crowned one year I suspect. Too bad the king costume got sold out, GR Stone Man would have made a nice king.

I think all of the items I picked up were still in stock so if it's something you need, take a quick look before they are gone.

Just noticed that the princess costume has now sold out. There were 5 left in large when I checked out. People are shopping this morning I guess. Hope someone here got one.

If you are looking for a larger sized Sally Can Can costume, today's Special Daily Deal is the costume in a Tween size, same price 4.99, and the 10% off extra code will also work on it.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
First order with Circus Cutie and Devilish Ringmaster costumes arrived today. Super happy with both. The cutie costume comes in a garment bag and is very high quality. Looks like real velvet, nice red color, but it's a high-end polyester faux velvet. Nice gold metallic trim, gold metallic thread emboidery and gold fringe. Cute little lace umbrella. Sure others who ordered it will be equally pleased. Made by InCharacter Costumes.

The devilish ringmaster's costume material is better than I expected and nicely styled. The hat brim has wire in it so can be arranged for the look you want. I was nervous about the mask but I think it's pretty nice quality, not too thin, and mine had a nice paint job. The red for the face is toned down with black which I think makes it more realistic and frightening. The suit jacket/vest and pants are a decent weight polyester. The pant leg bottoms are machine finished...forget the sewing term for it but shouldn't fray. Elastic waist. I'll try to post a photo of both costumes this weekend or early next week. I have another order coming on Monday so may hold off till then.

Anyone else receive their orders yet?

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I ordered the Sally CanCan costume for our saloon for the Western theme this year. Also ordered a long "vampire wig" that is black with white streaks for $1.99 when it popped up as an extra marked-down item. I am also hoping the costume will fit one of my smaller skeletons. Especially since I found a 3-foot skelly at a yard sale that had been made over with lipstick, eye shadow, and earrings, LOL.

The price for that ringmaster costume really tempted me, but it was pretty close to the costume I threw together for my ringmaster last year, so I decided I had that covered. But I love the look, so I think you will love it, GOS. Your other cutie costume sounds terrific too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Darn, I wish I would have seen those candles. I hope my order comes in soon. Leaving for vacation in a few days and I don't want the box arriving after I'm gone.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts