Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an email alert that BuyCostumes is now holding it's Semi-Annual Clearance Event (saving up to 90% off of regular pricing). No code required and limited to what is in stock. If you do spend $75 or more, use Code save15may for an additional 15% off.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,613 Posts
when i click the link from my email, it bring me to a page that says up to 70% off not 90%. All the same costumes that they have been trying to get rid of, same pricing, just a different day. disappointing.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sale's not as great as it was a few years back no doubt about it...but back then I think they got caught with a lot of inventory just as the economy was tanking and I'm guessing needed capital to pay for orders they placed for new mdse back in the fall. I assume more recently they've reduced their current costume inventory so as to not have so much to clear out come the new season. I ordered 3 Planet of Ape costumes at 78% off, 9.97 each, and they'll work out great for my carnival/jungle themes so for me it paid to look and buy.

I assume as the week goes on the markdowns might go lower so worth watching. A number of the nice costumes are not as greatly discounted as those that I bought. 'Course it's limited quantity on these and depends on who orders first. There were 3 left of one of the sizes I ordered, and I picked up 2, and someone came after me and took the last one in that size. Always hard to say when it's best to pull the trigger on a purchase.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked back through my BC emails, I don't always open all of them up and they come to an account I don't check every day. Anyway, it does say "up to 90%" on each of my emails with a link through to the sale.

And this past Sunday afternoon around 1pm was when the first emails about the sale were sent to subscribers based on what I received. My email program shows the first few lines of the mail text and the beginning of each email was about Star Wars costumes (Of no interest to me so didn't bother to open up). But then after that down the page was the info on the Semi-Annual sale. :eek: So actually people in the know have been buying costumes since Sunday. That was sneaky! Who knows what was available on clearance earlier...maybe some real nice stuff I could have used. :( In past years there have always been a few very expensive costumes listed on the initial sale day that are marked way down and those get snapped up right away. Oh well, out of sight, out of mind or so the expression goes. Surprised no one else saw the early emails given how many members here have bought from them in the past and are subscribed.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I blocked this out before when I placed my order....there's also another promo in addition to the Save 15% off on $75 or more offer....this one is BUY A COSTUME AND GET 50% OFF ON AN ACCESSORY. Use Code savemore05 . All costumes and accessories are eligible for this discount. Good thru 5/17 @ 11:59pm CDT. Coupon can be used with any sitewide offers, but no additional coupon codes may be used. Some other restrictions are mentioned so check the details on the website for more info.

When I was checking out and ready to finalize my purchase, I did get a pop up "Last Chance to Add these at a great discount" Window. Sometimes the items presented can be very desirable items. I've had anything from accessories to costumes appear in the past. As discussed before on the forum, we think some of the items (usually 3 or 4) are generated from some of your past clicks on items you were viewing. If so, keep this in mind when looking through the website and click on things you like and might like to see pop up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts