Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from buycostume.com yesterday advertising a one day sale starting midnight September 3rd, it claims orange Tuesday is the new black Friday...kind of interested to see what they have on sale. I'm not sure my wallet can handle too many more sales though.

http://www.buycostumes.com/

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just placed an order since I wanted to be sure a costume wouldn't sell out. I'd spent some time earlier today shopping the site and had put together enough items to make the $75 free shipping minimum. I was shocked that they'd raised prices today. One item (Sonic Skull in Cage) that was $19.99 this morning is now $29.99. The "clearance price" costume I was buying literally increased in price 20% WHILE IN MY CART. Guess I can see how you can put items on "sale". I'm assuming the Orange Tuesday sale will be 20% off??
Needless to say I downsized my order considerably.
Shame on you buycostumes.com.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,099 Posts
I was shocked that they'd raised prices today. One item (Sonic Skull in Cage) that was $19.99 this morning is now $29.99. The "clearance price" costume I was buying literally increased in price 20% WHILE IN MY CART.

Thanks for sharing that Kelly_A....It really makes you wonder why they would do something like that.

After all, it seems like a bit of a foolish tactic on their part since we can (and likely will) easily compare prices with eleventy-nine other online retailers with a couple of clicks.
:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts