Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my HF family!
I was just wondering if anyone know how to repair the talking skull on the platter? It has normal functions as far as the butler is concerned but the mini skull on the platter just mumbles for a split second and FAILS???... I don't know what is wrong with it but would love to hear anybodys opinions on its current issue. Please help if anyone has one or has had a similar issue. Thanks in advance!!! See an example video of the butler in question below.
:confused:

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
Does the skull have it's own seperate power supply or does it come form the butler?
Maybe a pinched wire somewhere in the skull or the motor that moves the mouth is hanging up or binding for some reason?
It looks like a Boris skull, probably operates the same way.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I would check for continuality with a multimeter first to see if the wire isn't broke. Usually people think the prop is toast but the wire is so frail that they snap easily inside the housing. If the test is solid meaning no breaks in the test(constant beep) then move on to the motor. If it beeps in intervals or not at all it is either broke or frayed. Replace with stranded wire solder contact points.

Next would be the motor itself, test to see if all the soldered contacts didn't pop off. Solder if needed.

Years of pinball repair comes in handy for halloween.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts