Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introducing “Buster Gravesley”.

Buster is a Zombie/Coffin Groundbreaker standing approximately 4 feet tall and mounted on a plywood base that can be angled in different directions when displayed. This prop was made from papier mache over top an armature created from recycled materials including; newspaper, cardboard, plastic bags, aluminum cans and plastic milk jugs.

The project was started March 4th, 2010 and completed on April 2nd, 2010.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'm glad you put this pic up for size reference. Until I visited your website, I thought it was small. How wrong!

Your prop building is inspirational. I don't have the talent or the time, so I get store bought props. And you know, as nice as they are and even with the animation and all, they just don't have the charm of a home built prop. I think haunting is an ever evolving journey. I started small. I'm currently going to be pretty large with the display this year, with props twitching and poping about. But I think next I will start to get into building my own stuff too, learning as I go. You just cannot beat the uniqueness of a home built prop- whether it's a masterpiece like all of yours, or something less so. The last thing I want to do is turn into a Spirit store display, and that's where I'm headed if I keep going the way I am. Perhaps I'll keep my further budgets toward set detail and lighting, and start making my own unique props. It'll likely save a fortune too.

See what you've inspired?! Thanks for that. Great work man!

Dan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts